Sign in to follow this  

2005 trx450r WONT START !

Hello all I am new to the site and just looking for some other insight. I bought this 2005 trx450r off a friend seized. Bike sat for 3 months before I purchased. The crank was the problem so I I bought a new OEM crank and bearing kit, and installed them yesterday. Now I know the bike ran great before it seized. But now it won't even give me a back fire, can kick the kick start 20 times and nothing. Now all the valves are in spec, I'm getting fuel ( maybe to much cause piston is soaked after 4-5 kicks ) and the spark is giving a blue spark. Just seems like it doesn't have enough kick to actually start. The only thing I haven't tried which I need to is a pull start.. Can anyone give any other insight to what this could be ? I'm boggled and have both a owners Manuel and full shop service Manuel for it. Thanks in advance eh Bikes aftermarket parts are dyna FS ignition map, hot cam stage 2, full sniper exhaust. ( engine effecting parts )

So took it this morning for a pull start and she fired right up ! But now it won't stay running as soon as I let off the gas she turns off. I believe it's a carb problem, any insight on how to fix that carb issue ? Thanks.

So took it this morning for a pull start and she fired right up ! But now it won't stay running as soon as I let off the gas she turns off. I believe it's a carb problem, any insight on how to fix that carb issue ? Thanks.

Yeah, get a Yamaha. Your carb might need rebuilt if it sat for three months, especially if it had old gas in it, or it might be a jetting issue.

Thanks ahah as for bike brand it doesn't matter to me as I've owned them all but I like my Hondas. And that's the only thing I can think of now, it has to be a fuel delivery issue.

So just an update I've fully cleaned the carb and put fresh gas and a new plug and still won't even give me a back fire. Will be taking all electrical connections apart this weekend and cleaning them and re checking timing.

• Like 1

Cleaned the carb as just had a JD jet kit installed and have a complete repair manual so was able to take apart and clean everything. I've come to the conclusion it has to be valves.

• Like 1

Cleaned the carb as just had a JD jet kit installed and have a complete repair manual so was able to take apart and clean everything. I've come to the conclusion it has to be valves.

I hope the head isn't completely trashed, that is a very expensive endeavor.

No no I believe the top end is fine. I think it's a loss of compression as I can kick it over by hand which I know is wrong haha. Going to hone the cyclinder and get some new rings.

So re checked valves and it's too dead centre all lined up. And exhaust is reading 0.282 which is spec but I can't even get a 0.051mm in the intake.. Why would there be no tolerance on the intake valves ? And would this cause my no starting problem ? Thank you.

You're welcome and good luck. Post up once you get it running again

So an update. I went and got new valves both exhaust and intake. A new top end gasket kit and shim kit. The bummer is well assembling I cracked the thermostat cover so I j&b welded it but during assembly today it leaked.. Anyways it's been a long build and was way to anxious to try and start it. On the second kick it fired right up !!! Beyond happy and stoked she is alive ! Need to fix the thermostat cover correctly this time or buy one..