Sign in to follow this  

removing fuel tank from 96 rm250

hi guys

gotta re ring my top end ,as compression gauge took its reading as i kicked good n hard,getting only 100 from the gauge,i read normal is about 175.can anyone tell me where the bolt to secure the tank to the frame is?only had to remove bottom shroud bolts to loosen the shrouds,the rest of their bolts are just tank mounted.i just cant see anything holding the tank to the frame and it wont budge lol..can someone tell me how to get this tank off the frame?i have a crf 250 that has a bolt easy to see at the top of tank, to loosen the tank on that..also ,anyone wanna buy a '12 crf250x.only less than 30 hrs on the engine odometer and i guess i need to take pics,i thought i had downloaded some but i havnt...bike has doing MX but my skill level is just novice so it hasnt been ridden hard,a few scratches but not bad at all...thanx guys

Not sure exactly where bolts are located on your bike. However I have a 94 cr and the shrouds have to be removed in order to access the bolt for the tank which is located on the underside and goes through the frame. It is right by the top of the radiators. I would assume yours has a similar set up.