Sign in to follow this  

Someone PLEASE help with crf230l/m carb

Hello, 

I removed the stock carb off my bike but I forgot where the tubes should connect. Can anyone who owns a crf230 tell me? 

Where does connection 1 and 2 go?? thanks!

carb.png

Q47 excuse ..

but I do not recognize in your carburetor the stock crf230 carburetor ..

What is the mystery?

It is not crf230 "F" Carb?

Edited by Cross player

However, it is definitely the n2. You can do this test: Disassemble the gasoline bowl..

flip upside the carburetor. blowing in the tube .. (if it is the right gasoline tube entry .. petrol float will rise pushed by air.

Q47 excuse ..

but I do not recognize in your carburetor the stock crf230 carburetor ..

What is the mystery?

It is not crf230 "F" Carb?

It's the street legal carb. Keihin CV 30mm

The button outlet turned out to be for smog stuff. PLUGGED

Top one seems to be a vent tube.

• Like 1

Locate and install a 06 or newer CRF 150r carb and be done with it. I'm thinking that a 2010 or newer would run the best on your bike.

• Like 1

Hello, 

I removed the stock carb off my bike but I forgot where the tubes should connect. Can anyone who owns a crf230 tell me? 

Where does connection 1 and 2 go?? thanks!

One gets plugged. Two is a drain.

If your smog equipment  has been removed, then 10.

WRONG. 2 should be plugged! If you leave it open to the drain you will have a vacuum leak and will blow your engine up!

1 is an air vent for the slide. Should be open and connected to a vent hose.

Please be careful next time.

• Like 1

WRONG. 2 should be plugged! If you leave it open to the drain you will have a vacuum leak and will blow your engine up!

1 is an air vent for the slide. Should be open and connected to a vent hose.

Please be careful next time.

On my carb 1 is plugged and 2 is a drain. Has been running well for years.

On my carb 1 is plugged and 2 is a drain. Has been running well for years.

You may want to check that asap.

Connect a long tube to #2

Put your finger on #2 you will feel the vacuum pulses, also you will be able to hear the vacuum pulses with your ear.

#2 Is not a drain! Plug it! you must have jetted rich to compensate for the vacuum leak.

#1 is a vent hose. If you plug it nothing really bad will happen, There is no vacuum pulses out of it. BUT it will restrict the movement of the CV slide causing bad acceleration.

Try to connect #1 to a long tube and listen through it, no pulses. Now blow air in it and you kill the engine. Suck air through it and you will also kill the engine. It is a vent hose for the slide.

Check again and tell me what are your results. 132 main jet, stock pilot. 2 shims under stock needle.

You may want to check that asap.

Connect a long tube to #2

Put your finger on #2 you will feel the vacuum pulses, also you will be able to hear the vacuum pulses with your ear.

#2 Is not a drain! Plug it! you must have jetted rich to compensate for the vacuum leak.

#1 is a vent hose. If you plug it nothing really bad will happen, There is no vacuum pulses out of it. BUT it will restrict the movement of the CV slide causing bad acceleration.

Try to connect #1 to a long tube and listen through it, no pulses. Now blow air in it and you kill the engine. Suck air through it and you will also kill the engine. It is a vent hose for the slide.

Check again and tell me what are your results. 132 main jet, stock pilot. 2 shims under stock needle.

I'm using a stage 2 Dynojet kit. The needle has an adjustable clip. No shims are needed. 122 main jet 35 pilot, stock engine with FMF exhaust .

I don't have the time right now but I will take some pictures of the carb and post them as soon as I get the opportunity.

I'm using a stage 2 Dynojet kit. The needle has an adjustable clip. No shims are needed. 122 main jet 35 pilot, stock engine with FMF exhaust .

I don't have the time right now but I will take some pictures of the carb and post them as soon as I get the opportunity.

Thanks! This is confusing. Can you go to your carb and just visually inspect that you have it hooked up like you think you do?

#2 is the nipple right next to the carb heater. The drain is all the way in the bottom of the float bowl.

Thanks! This is confusing. Can you go to your carb and just visually inspect that you have it hooked up like you think you do?

#2 is the nipple right next to the carb heater. The drain is all the way in the bottom of the float bowl.

It's confusing to me too. Best thing will be a picture or 2. I will post tomorrow and see if we can make sense of this Rube Goldberg

carburetor.

• Like 1

Here is another image from the side. I think you confused #2 with the drain.

Overflow drain on the other side of the carb

Drain is on the bottom

Vacuum is #2

Plug #1

Air cut-off valve goes to the vacuum port on the carb adapter

cv30c.png

Edited by Q47

Here is another image from the side. I think you confused #2 with the drain.

Overflow drain on the other side of the carb

Drain is on the bottom

Vacuum is #2

Plug #1

Air cut-off valve goes to the vacuum port on the carb adapter

Plug #2 is connected to the drain plug. I couldn't take a picture because employer called me in to work and it was dark when

I got home. I will get some pictures posted tomorrow. It is unusual but true.

Plug #2 is connected to the drain plug. I couldn't take a picture because employer called me in to work and it was dark when

I got home. I will get some pictures posted tomorrow. It is unusual but true.

So you have 3 drain plugs? where is the vent plug? Pictures would be much appreciated.