Sign in to follow this  

Brake peddle wont adjust low enough

Hi guys. 6 foot 2 with a 2015 klx stock ergonomics wise.

When i sit on the bike the brake peddle is higher then my boot toe so i have to lift my foot or move back on the bike to be able to roll onto the brake.

I adjusted it as far as i could which only gave me a few extra mm but im still looking for another 10 or so mm.

Is there any aftermarket brake peddle with more bend to it or another way of adjusting the system. At the moment its quite dangerous not being able to grab rear brake easily.

I had a similar problem as I'm 6'1" and running low-boy pegs.  I removed the bind nut on the brake peddle adjuster and just used some small washers to adjust the height.  I think I also had to trim the tip of the threaded rod to keep it from binding as well.

I need to do this as well, moving my foot back and forth is distracting when sliding on pavement lol

I also had to cut some off the master cylinder push bolt. When mine is adjusted correct, the dust boot nut and the clevis lock nut are almost touching.

Sweet. I thought about doing that but wanted to check there was not another way before i started hacking away at a new bike.

Cheers