Sign in to follow this  

Other headers more powerful than FMF header?

My buddies fmf crf230 is stronger than mine. I want something different but stronger than his. Help me! I don't want a fmf header tho I know it kicks some serious butt.

Edited by The Plvis

XR's only may have a header pipe available

If I had an FMF header, I would repair the last few inches where it's restricted down in size to utilized the stock muffler gasket.

Then it would fit just like the Powroll header with out using a gasket

Is it possible that his bike is stronger for any other reason?

is your buddy lighter than you? running race fuel? shaved a head? rear tire not as girthy?

better jetted?....this list can go on and on...

not saying don't get the pipe, shiny things are cool. :thumbsup:

Just hate to see you drop that coin and discover that his bike is still running stronger...

look at everything.....and if your buddy purchased the bike used, he may assume its stock when in fact it's not !

Is it possible that his bike is stronger for any other reason?

is your buddy lighter than you? running race fuel? shaved a head? rear tire not as girthy?

better jetted?....this list can go on and on...

not saying don't get the pipe, shiny things are cool. :thumbsup:

Just hate to see you drop that coin and discover that his bike is still running stronger...

look at everything.....and if your buddy purchased the bike used, he may assume its stock when in fact it's not !

His bike was softer than mine lol. I actually sold my fmf header to him. I lost and he gained. So yes I'm riding on my stock header. Too many guys are now running the fmf header. So I got to change out my gear. I'm Rick James...

There is about a dozen things that you can do to your engine, with a stock header and muffler, that you can absolutely spank your buddy with your FMF header... He won't have a clue....

Sleeper bikes are the funnest of all..

They look stock, you tell every one that it is also, but your bike runs away from them and they don't understand why....

So maybe your buddy needs a taste of that?

I'm just saying....

If I'm not mistaken, Mike Coe ran a stock header on his personal 230f trail bike.

Again, if my memory is not mistaken, 25+ HP?

....... I'm Rick James...

I can appreciate that, and that leads me to my next statement...

I have a "be-dazzled" 50 tooth rear sprocket that's got your name all over it......

oh and some shiny handle bar end tinsel.....

:lol:  

I ran open an open fmf header (no muffler) for a while. Got more power, the wheel comes up on 3rd gear. I still don't know why. And no it's not an illusion because of the noise. Does it mean I was running rich or does it mean I was running lean?

I ran open an open fmf header (no muffler) for a while. Got more power, the wheel comes up on 3rd gear. I still don't know why. And no it's not an illusion because of the noise. Does it mean I was running rich or does it mean I was running lean?

What? My ears are ringing....

It wasn't that loud to be honest. It sounded like like a fart can which I didn't like. Should I get my ears checked?

sounded like this, Farts, ugly sound. But it felt like I gained 1-3 hp. Does that mean my original jetting was wrong?