Sign in to follow this  

Dropped TTR250 on side while running now clutch stuck?

I was riding through a salt lake today, came into wet clay way too fast and lost it. I was soaked in mud from head to toe. Gear can be cleaned but i have bigger problems. My TTR250 was running while laying on its side for about 30 seconds now it won't move in gear. Seems like the clutch is stuck on? I cleaned it off and put it on the kick stand and yes it goes into gear. I know because the back wheel does move a little bit when its off the ground and I have it in gear but not enough to move the bike. Don't know much about engines. Looking for any suggestions as to what's happened. Guess i'll find out when I take it in the shop Monday anyway. Not expecting good news :thumbsdn:

Don't understand your description at ALL.

Does it run

Does it go into gear

Does the clutch disengage

Does it shift

Look at the clutch cable and follow it down to see that it is still in place and not broken.

Something just happened to my clutch cable! Backed off the adjuster and the clutch disengaged :thumbsup: I think the metal cable end is/was not sitting in the perch. Thanks for the reply. Admin can delete this thread if thats how this forum rolls.