Sign in to follow this  

Crf 250 2013 wont idle

The bike is not respending to choke or adjusting the idle knob. It starts up fine with a little throttle opened. Valve clearance is perfect. But I cant get the bike to idle!

I suspect a clogged pilot jet/slow circuit.  Take the carb apart and clean it real well.  Don't soak it.  Just aerosol carb cleaner followed with compressed air.  Don't lose the tiny o-ring and washer that sits inside the fuel screw cavity!

Sounds like an air blockage. Clean the throttle body and airboot.

• Like 1

Thats right, fredgreen! No response what so ever.

How much are you turning it? And are you certain that when you're turning it counterclockwise to raise the idle speed that you can physically see the screw/plunger unit backing out of the throttle body to let more air in? Turn it counterclockwise a lot. When you pull the knob out does the idle speed go up quite a bit?

Inability to gain a proper idle speed can be attributed to improper camshaft timing and/or improper valve clearances, or valves that just aren't sealing well for whatever reason. Have you done any work on the motor, recently? Checked the valve clearances?

Edited by Eddie8v

Thank You for your toughts!

Ive just checked my valves and theyre all within spec. I broke the injection joint and had to replace it. This idle issue started right after..

Thank You for your toughts!

Ive just checked my valves and theyre all within spec. I broke the injection joint and had to replace it. This idle issue started right after..

So, sounds like something you did could be the cause. I am sorry, but I don't know what an "injection joint" is? Boot between the throttle body and head or airbox?

Injection joint is the black plastic pipe that is connected in the gas hose and to the injection nozzle. I might got some dirt in the nozzle or throttle body..

Parts number is 16422-men-a31

Injection joint is the black plastic pipe that is connected in the gas hose and to the injection nozzle. I might got some dirt in the nozzle or throttle body..

Parts number is 16422-men-a31

Why did you replace it, or how did you break it is the best question? Did you take the motor apart? There's no way to break that part under normal vehicular operation.

If you "think" you got dirt in it, you likely did...

Edited by Eddie8v

Sounds like an air blockage. Clean the throttle body and airboot.

You rock man! Bike Idles perfect after cleaning the throttle body. Merry Christmas