Sign in to follow this  

16 ktm 300xc Suspension tuning question..

Im going to tune my forks and my rear shock on my 16 300.  I'm wondering on who to go with Enduro Spec or Kreft? I've ridden a bike with Kreft only thing was that the front fork felt soft.  Have not ridden a  bike with endro spec.

Edited by timmyvdv

Im going to tune my forks and my rear shock on my 16 300.  I'm wondering on who to go with Enduro Spec or Kreft? I've ridden a bike with Kreft only thing was that the front fork felt soft.  Have not ridden a  bike with endro spec.

ProTune. 740 988 6673

• Like 1

Since it's a 2016 model, have you at least ridden the bike yet?

Perhaps ride it for a while and try to fine tune the stock components a bit before sending it out to be reworked,

that way you'll have a better idea of what issues have to be corrected and a have a baseline to compare if the modifications are better (or not) than the stock settings.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

yes, if you've spent some time on the bike, and you want to send the set out; pro tune suspension, or dgs would be my choices. both are excellent, and have been in the enduro game for a while.

Edited by GDI70

I have about 350 miles on the bike so far.  The rear linkage is much nicer than PDS in my opinion but the forks are very harsh especially in the mid stroke. My 14 husaberg fe 350 had the same issues.

If that has the 4Cs fork there are essays on the topic over at Ktm.talk. There are a couple of things you can try which are really easy.

and cost next to nothing if you are comfortable taking the forks apart. The standard setup is just dangerous.

Did you ever find anything out about Enduro Spec? Not much info on them (here or KTMtalk). I do know that they haven't returned my (2) messages (automated answering system takes you to "Warren's" voicemail) that I left LAST WEEK. Not sure I will be spending $ on a shop that you cant even communicate with.

Did you ever find anything out about Enduro Spec? Not much info on them (here or KTMtalk). I do know that they haven't returned my (2) messages (automated answering system takes you to "Warren's" voicemail) that I left LAST WEEK. Not sure I will be spending $ on a shop that you cant even communicate

I have.  About 6 guys I know all did a re valve through them last summer and loved it!!!  I have spoken to them a few times but that was fall of 15 I have no idea what's going on now.  The one thing I like about them is that there located about 2 hours from my house so if I need any adjustments its east to do.   I also very interested in KREFT since he specializes on the 4cs.

I have.  About 6 guys I know all did a re valve through them last summer and loved it!!!  I have spoken to them a few times but that was fall of 15 I have no idea what's going on now.  The one thing I like about them is that there located about 2 hours from my house so if I need any adjustments its east to do.   I also very interested in KREFT since he specializes on the 4cs.

I was hoping to talk to ES  because the bike I am first considering sending to them has PDS out back and ES offers the CLP mod. I have also had Jeff S do my suspensions in the past and he also recommended ES if I was looking at the Huck Valve option. I don't like that they only offer DLP for a polish (maybe they offer more but only this is mentioned on the website (for $500!!) and I can't seem to get them to call me back). I am also interested in Kreft but he does not offer the CLP mod for the PDS. They do, however, offer a micro polish (+/-$100), and they also claim to have a solution for the 4CS. They no longer promote the Huck Valve (except for CC forks) but they now offer their own version of a bottomong control.

All things considered I was leaning toward EnduroSpec but I just can't go there if they don't pick up the phone and nobody will call you back. What if you get the same response after the sale? A predictable outcome given the way things have gone so far. Too scary for the big $ one will spend on these mods!

You don't have to spend $1000 to fix the 4cs have a search

My buddy has the micro finish from kreft and its not needed.  In fact I seen a good amount of fork oil all over his seals 1 ride after he had them serviced, I'm not buying into that.  I think Kreft for the price may be a better deal since to get the huck valves with re valve is almost $2000 or at least that's what I was quoted, $800 for the re valve.

mog  where can I find this info?  I would  prefer not to spend much $$$$$