Sign in to follow this  

Michelin X-11 Tubless - still made?

I really like the Michenlin x-11 Tubless. I get loads and loads of hours out of them and suburb traction at 3psi.

BUT- most of the usual places I get them don't have them (just the X-Lite)

Anyone know if these have been discontinued?

I have found the (non-XLite) Tubless in a place or two.

But none of the places I usually get them.

I guess what I'm asking is if they are really discontinued - I should see about getting a few (big$$$)

The X- lite is fine for competition (probably better) but I trail ride and those are quite a bit thinner.

I don't see the X-11 on the Michelin site anymore.

Mark

Edited by lotus54

I have a X-11 on my Trials bike and I have used D803s on 3 trail bikes.  I went w/ Dunlop because; half the price, slightly stiffer side wall for the heavier trails bikes, and seem to wear just fine.  On my trail bike I usually don't go below 4psi because they are heavier than the Trials bike.  And 4psi does seem to work well on the PNW wet clay.

The X- lite is fine for competition (probably better) but I trail ride and those are quite a bit thinner.

My first trials tire was a Michelin, for trail riding. I loved it until its thin sidewall tore. I switched to a Shinko 255 radial. Give it a try.

I found an X-11 and bought it. I have some 230 hours on current tyres, and still working pretty well.

But when it finally gives it up I expect that. Many out of the replacement.

I just didn't want to try something else on this bike when it works so well for me.

I do have IRC radial trials the on my 200 GasGas enduro. They work ok- no idea how they will last.

Mark