Sign in to follow this  

Help Please!

Just picked my new Beta 300rr up from the dealer, they started it for the first time in the shop to set the idle up etc, it was running for about 2-3 minutes and when I've got home there's no oil been put in the oil tank. I'm not sure if the fuel they put in it was mixed but if not will it be ok? I'm panicking now. Thanks in advance.

Just picked my new Beta 300rr up from the dealer, they started it for the first time in the shop to set the idle up etc, it was running for about 2-3 minutes and when I've got home there's no oil been put in the oil tank. I'm not sure if the fuel they put in it was mixed but if not will it be ok? I'm panicking now. Thanks in advance.

Check the oil line running from the tank to the top of the intake boot after the carb.....see if there's oil in the line.

2nd...call the dealer, let them know what's up....that should have been topped off pre-delivery.

While your at check all the fluids.

I'll check it in the morning, it was smoking when they started it up, I've messaged the dealer letting him know and he said it will be fine as there will be a little in the pipes and to just top it up.

Also, should I mix the first tank of fuel with oil aswell as filling the tank, if so, at what ratio? 50-1? Cheers

You can, I didn't with my xt and it's not really necessary.

Late model bikes don't require much of a break in......back in the day most new bike seizures were caused by tighter piston to wall clearences usually coupled with a forged piston.

I usually do a good heat cycle then ride it hard.

• Like 1

I'm panicking a little as I've just bought it and hope it hasn't caused a problem. Only thing I can do is roll with it and hope it's ok I suppose.

Edited by durham4416

I'm panicking a little as I've just bought it and hope it hasn't caused a problem. Only thing I can do is roll with it and hope it's ok I suppose.

Was there oil in the line?...if so then it's not an issue....they come from the factory with some oil in the tank.

Did the low oil light come on?....if not, again, all's good.

But they should have topped it off and gave you a quart of oil...as my dealer did, just good customer service.

Is there any way of knowing if damage has been caused without stripping it? I'm just a little concerned that it's set up properly as regards to the idle screws etc now. Am

I worrying too much and should I just ride it? Ha

• Like 1

Was there oil in the line?...if so then it's not an issue....they come from the factory with some oil in the tank.

Did the low oil light come on?....if not, again, all's good.

But they should have topped it off and gave you a quart of oil...as my dealer did, just good customer service.

I just couldn't see any oil in the tank even after removing the air filter to get a better look. If your saying they should of been some in then lines from the factory then I don't soppose there's anything to worry about.

Your dealer was not the brightest bulb in the package, lol! If its smoking then most likely things are fine, but ADD the proper injector oil and enjoy!

I would ask them if they added pre-mix to the tank when checking it out, prior to your purchase!

• Like 2

If you want a 100% piece of mind then simply pull your pipe and kick your piston through a complete stroke. If you really want to be anal get a dentist mirror and look at the front of the cylinder as well. This picture is after overheating the motor, blowing a base gasket and riding it back to my truck. I ended up just slapping on a set of rings and replacing the gasket.

2T's are very forgiving.

100_2763-1.jpg

Your dealer was not the brightest bulb in the package, lol! If its smoking then most likely things are fine, but ADD the proper injector oil and enjoy!

I would ask them if they added pre-mix to the tank when checking it out, prior to your purchase!

No kidding!

• Like 1

They where just finishing putting it together then they added fuel for the first time and started it for the first time when I was there.

To be honest people make mistakes and forget things, I just hope it hasn't caused any damage but it doesn't sound like it. I'll pull the pipe tomorrow aswell just to be on the safe side.

• Like 1

I'm also a bit annoyed because he's sold me a litre of motul 800 yet you are supposed to use motul 710 for oil injection systems. He uses motul 800 in his 300, should I buy the 710 instead, this is somewhat taking the shine off. Ha

• Like 1

I'm also a bit annoyed because he's sold me a litre of motul 800 yet you are supposed to use motul 710 for oil injection systems. He uses motul 800 in his 300, should I buy the 710 instead, this is somewhat taking the shine off. Ha

I was going to suggest Motul 800 for break in. It will work perfectly fine in your injector system. Don't get too caught up on "internet bullshit" that some guys want you to believe. 710 is a little thinner but not enough to make a difference.

I gave my brother a bottle of my 800 for his Aprillia 2T scooter. It ran through the injector lines just fine.

My suggestion to you (during break in) is go up a few sizes on the main and raise your needle a clip. Run injector oil and premix at 32:1. After motor warms up you can run it hard through a few heat cycles. You will get a lot of opinions on this but my way is the safest. Been doing it for years when breaking in a new top end.

Motul website suggests using 710 for injector systems as oppose to 800, I know there are lots of opinions on the net but I was really just looking for advice as to whether the lack of oil will have damaged it.

Motul website suggests using 710 for injector systems as oppose to 800, I know there are lots of opinions on the net but I was really just looking for advice as to whether the lack of oil will have damaged it.

You don't know there was a lack of oil.  Do what moto9 said and look at the oil line, it's a small clear line that runs to the top of the intake boot between the carb and engine.  If there's oil in that line you're fine and it didn't run without oil