Sign in to follow this  

Need help buying new bike, concurring steep downhills and all around advice

Height: 5"3

Weight : 165

Bike: 2005 Honda 150 f

Type of riding: trail riding it rains a lot where I live so it's muddy a lot the trails we ride are not maintained lots of hill climbs and steep down hills I sometimes go inland to ride at hollister or cow mountain dryer climate dusty .

Level of riding : not really sure I have been pushing this little bike to its limits for a year or so it's defiantly not enough power the suspension sucks ts like riding a jack hammer. I feel like the boys I ride with just glide over everything and I am just getting beat by my bike. I have a really stupid fear of steep down hills and am not really sure how to concur that. My biggest problem is where to go from here what bike do I buy and how do I figure that out 150r? 250 lowered? Help ?my budget is limited to about 2500

Edited by Norcaligirl

I hear the 150R is a pretty good bike for us short people (I'm also 5'3"). My boyfriend has a KX250F and I tried to get on it one day in the garage. There's no way I would be able to ride it without some serious lowering. I don't even know if they can lower it the 4" I would need.

How long have you been riding?

Edited by dirtbikegirl

4 years on and off but I started with a 1985 Honda 80 and rode that off and on for the first 2 years.

Edited by Norcaligirl

I'm 5'3, I ride a 2004 Honda CRF250X (has electric start, but I can kick it over). Only thing I have done to it is the seat is shaved and the sag is set. I race the Womens C class on this bike at the National Hare & Hound series. Bike it a little heavy, but I manage and I'm only 110 lbs. I'd say skip over the 150R and go with a 250X. Or a KTM 250.