Sign in to follow this  

KTM 200 MXC Question

Hi, it's been a few years since I have had a bike and I'm looking to get back in the saddle and want to pick up a KTM. I came across the following used bike and wanted to see if you all thought this was a decent deal.

It's a 2002 200 MXC for $1,000. The ad states fuel leaks out as the float is stuck open and they have parts to rebuild the forks if needed. I don't have any idea on what shape the top end is in other than the bike runs. Does this sound like a decent price for a project and do you think it would take a lot of work to get fixed?

Thanks in advance for your input.

If you are serious I can hook you up with a friend of mine who has a mint 2000 200 mxc just pm me we will try to figure out a way to get you two on the same Paige.

Seems a little high to me, but if it's in good shape and runs ok it could be worth it. Definitely worth checking out.

If u are capable of doing most of the work yourself, it would be reasonable. Plan on a top end, and carb rebuild at the minimum...look it over carefully and be willing to walk away if it's a basket case...

If that bike was in California it would be gobbled up instantly. Last year of the Green Sticker.
At that price though it definitely is worth a look into

Difficult to find a running +2000 KTM in any market for $1K or less for sure. My Craigslist best KTM deal has a 2002 125 for $1500 for comparison. Having said that, they aren't giving away KTM parts anytime soon. +1 on this purchase if you can do the rebuild yourself. I just finished a full rebuild/service on a 2013 & one thing is guaranteed...you'll spend way more on parts than you think. A 2002 $1K 200 might be a great way for you to get back on the trails. Take your time looking that one over. Post pics  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

no rebuild on the carb, just take it apart and clean it, write down what jets are in it and get back to us for a jetting opinion-stock is not too good. For a quick possible fix to the carb over flowing you can turn the gas on and rap the side of the float bowl with a wooden hammer handle or plastic screw driver handle to unstick the float needle.

top end will be $200 ish in parts