Sign in to follow this  

Brand new ttr jetting

I have a 15 ttr 125 me and it sucks to start and doesn't have any throttle response cold, or even warm lol. It'll stall out easy from idle to WOT. I have an 04 that doesn't have an issue with any of this. I noticed the carb is a little different from the older models. So my question is what size pilote jet and main should be good for a stock bike? Are we talking about the run of the mill set up I've seen on here for the older ones or is there something different about this bike that needs anything different?

Thanks in advanced

17.5 pilot 110 main, the carb is not much different, the older style uses a single throttle cable with a twist off top, the newer is a dual cable setup 08 and newer bikes use this,you will notice the cables attach on the side.

Edited by yzdude250f

I have those setting for my 05 ttr 125 (17.5 pj and 110 main). Taking the snorkel out of the airbox helps and i didn't drill any holes to keep it original for when I sell it. Make sure you have your idle set fairly low using the adjustment screw (on my bike it is a flathead in the middle of the carb on the left side). If your idle is too high the response is poor. Also make sure your choke cable works fine and if needed take out plunger and lube some kind of lube (a lightweight one like gun oil worked for me)

So the only difference is its a push pull style throttle. Ok, thanks guys. I'll make adjustments soon