The "Let's CELEBRATE" Contest! Free stuff!

I am proud to announce on November 12th, 2015 @ 3:5pm, Avery Schmid was brought into this world. This is my second child, and has expanded our family to 4 (and a 3 legged black lab). She came in a swift 7lbs 7oz and healthy as can be. Her mother is doing fine, a little tired but overall in excellent condition.

To celebrate, I'm putting $200 up in free stuff. Could be ANYTHING you want up to $200 but it must come from the TT store. Could be tires, graphics, blinker fluid, grips, bars, rad braces, skid plate etc etc, whatever your little heart desires! Or maybe if your nice I'll just let you have the cash!? How about that?

What you have to do is write me a short couple sentences and if possible provide a picture, of an awesome time with a little one. Doesn't have to be your kid, but of a time (related to riding) that you had with someone knee high to a grasshopper. Of course if it is with your kids, all the better. Just let me/us know of your experience. Bonus point are given for pictures, paragraphs, lesson learned or whatever you can add as I do enjoy reading them. Good luck!

Winner will be picked on Sunday November 22nd and announced that night....Sweetness!

• Like 14

Congratulations! I'm sure you have a TON of good times coming!

Here's mine....

The story of Matt, my youngest son. He is a natural on motorcycles. The day that he decided to ride dirt bikes, he got on the 50, kicked it over, shifted into gear and took off....with me chasing him down waving my arms  ? . He cornered, he stood, he just rode the bike. He did crash of course, as well, after which "he needed a break"......That is Matt. He rides when he wants, and that doesn't mean all the time. It's just when he wants to.
The race;
I got back from my race and went to watch the start of the kids race.....My wife told me to follow him through the course, so I had to run back to the trailer and get a bike....I choose the 110 (e start and all). During this time I missed the start by a minute or two.....When I came upon Matt, he had crashed in the first 90° turn. Before I could get to him, he picked his bike up, jumped on and away he went. Matt managed to crash a lot in the trees and after almost Whiskey Tangoing into a tree and crashing, I was sure, by the look on his face, that he was going to quite right there....See, Matt doesn't like riding in the wet, or mud, or trees...he likes dessert and is happy there.....But he got up, got the bike up before I could even get to him (looking like he was going to cry) and he jumped on and took off. He finished his first lap and kept going :applause:  I truly couldn't believe my eyes   :shocked:  . 
Matt did much better on his second lap and 3rd. He did crash still, but less often with each lap. I'm pretty sure that seeing other kids his age out there, also crashing, helped keep him going. He managed to finish his 4th lap with only one hiccup....A mud hole as deep as the wheels, made by the big bikes that ran through there before. He managed to go around it in the 3 prior laps, but the 4th lap, he went right in and stopped cold. My wife got him out and away he went. Matt finished his race and headed back to the trailer.
WP_20151011_005.jpg

The smile on his face when he took his helmet off! I couldn't be prouder of him......I had to bribe him to race and I'm glad I did. Now....time to shop for tires and a neck brace!
  • Like 2

Congratulations! Glad everybody is healthy and happy.

When we're looking at old photos, the one I've attached makes me stop and reminisce every time. It was my sons first time out on his bike, 15 minutes in we stop for a break and he asked me how to wheelie. He didn't wheelie that day, but he did learn the brap hand.  :D

Lil-Brap.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats!! I had my first April 13 of this year, 7mo old now. Little man came in at 4lbs5oz and was in the nicu for a few weeks. He was premature 6 weeks. He teaches me everyday about fatherhood. Don't really have any riding stories yet but will be taking him next week to ocotillo wells for the first time and be celebrating my 1 yr anniversary with my wife out their as well. We got married last year, same weekend the 22 and he was in the over at the time we married!! Should be fun and should have some pictures of him and me riding my atc70 if all goes well. My wallpaper when he was only a week old reminding me everything's going to be alright.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447526601.983795.jpg

• Like 1

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447537937.664951.jpg This is my son and my best friend Ralphie. I started him riding about 4 years ago and he loves it. I'm divorced and I have him 50% of the time. The best day of the week is Saturday. I load up the bikes and go pick him up. He's completely fearless. I'm such a proud dad. We're thinking about getting him into racing. It's still up in the air but I'm not gonna make him do something he doesn't want to do. I'm happy as can be just riding trails and the local sand pit with him. It's just about spending time together and bonding as father and son. I get joy out of seeing him happy. I love watching him ride and try new things. He makes me so proud!!!!!
  • Like 3

Hi there , you actually posted the link on motocross advice thread and I figured it's worth a try , this is a picture of me at 8 years old and my father , my dad died when I was 12 in a tragic car accident , we used to ride and always have fun but now it's a struggle to get by riding. In his honor I want to start motocross but the gear is really pricey. If I were to win this contest I would buy the proper safety equipment to succeed on the track. Thanks for your time and I hope I could win this nice giveaway! Also congrats on the child!

1447561319450.jpg

Edited by Od Mana
  • Like 3

My favorite riding memory with a little kid is with my little cousin Tyler who is 5 yrs old. I was riding with him through some trails behind his house on the Yamaha breeze that he drives then we went to the pond where all our other cousins are. We got off to take a break and Tyler ran back to the breeze when nobody was paying attention and started it up and took off. Well my grandma was there and atvs and dirt bikes make her real nervous, especially when little kids drive them. Well when Tyler went on it by himself he held it wide open and was flying around the pond. At one point he had it on 2 wheels almost rolling it and giving grandma a heart attack. After a little bit we finally got him to stop and thankfully he didn't crash. Now hes 8 and drives a ttr110. If I win I would want the liquid image all sport series hd video goggles to record the good times with my buddies. 

• Like 1

My daughter isn't exactly little any more, (17) but my favorite memory is when she outgrew her TTR 125 and moved up to a KDX 220.  

IMG_20140630_131819_966_zpsvvrnw5zv.jpg

IMG_20150214_161128_552_zpskycfrzrr.jpg

The first ride out was at an area called Hardscrabble Rd,  She was moving along faster than her mom, and she was not letting her forget it!  Here we are at a pit stop.

IMG_20140727_143852_719_1_zpsowruehlv.jp

She has big dreams of buying a Freeride for a more modern bike, (maybe some day)...

IMG_20150829_154817_159_zpsltcwahpv.jpg

She still can't get over how small the Gas Gas trials bike can be

IMG_20150829_155304_565_zpsapxw8j67.jpg

Congrats Monk on the arrival of your second child!  Won't be long and you will have yourself some fun riding with your kids!  Just remember patients...It goes a long way in their confidence building in the beginning.  Shelby now want to go to a woods race next year just for the fun of it, to see how she does.

• Like 4

Well I don't have a son or daughter. But I hang out a lot with one of my riding buddies grandkids. And Logan has just began riding a ktm65. I have helped him with body position and tracking. Poor little guy weighs 50 pounds! He's super small and every time I go out he's with his family and my riding buddy (Al) and we ride with the whole fam. Even though I smoke them,all . its fun to take it slow on a trail and stuff. Sightsee. I have a bunch of videos of Logan and his sister McKenna,learning how to ride after they got back into riding. They are progressing but for an 7 year old boy and an 12 year old girl on,65s and 85s. They are going along comfortably. And safely. Every time I get out there they are always a bit stronger on the bike each time. Between the 3 of us there's an age gap of 3 years with McKenna and 8 years with Logan. Helping them is super fun. The funny part is that they listen to me and not their dad when they are trying to get something down! They told their dad it was because I was a heck of a lot faster. Lol! That's,my share. I wont do any ordering. But I will,say good luck with your new family member. Hope she will be a healthy little thing

That's awesome Monk! Congrats! I have so many great memories and stories of trips with my son and daughter. Just be damn sure to really enjoy every moment with your kiddos, they grow up so incredibly fast.

There is a good story about me jumping my bike into the center of the Glamis canal...Super big fail while showing off for my son and daughter...And then had to send my young son, who was riding a KLX110 with paddles on it, a couple miles back to camp BY HIMSELF in order to round up someone to bring a truck. Having to trust that he could find the way back to camp and be able to guide the truck back to where we were was one of the hardest decisions I've ever made. I was hesitant and super worried, but he was totally confident and assured me he'd be fine and knew right where to go (we had been riding basically the same route for a few days)...The reason I had to send him was because I could BARELY see the bike underwater, and I mean just barely a glimpse of some white from the side number panel and that's it, and it was slowly getting dragged along the bottom from the current, making it super hard to keep track of. I was actually worried that if I took my eye off it for just a few seconds, that's it, it'd be gone...You just wouldn't be able to spot it again...Thank god everything worked out and all went well, he made it back fine and guided them to me easily...It was a HUGE confidence builder for my son! Everybody at camp gave him props for being so calm, brave, and focused, while knowing his directions out in the sand dunes at such a young age (he was only something like 8 or 9 years old at the time!). I've heard him share the story a few times over the years about how he saved the day by bringing back the cavalry at such a young age. I love that he holds the memory close...

By the way, the kid you see in these pics, my son Josh, is 18 now and will be shipping out for Army basic training in one week (the 23rd of Nov) to be a Combat Medic (6yrs contract). So incredibly proud.

Here's a pic of my son on his very first bike ride on his very first bike (other than little "toy" bikes):

1st bike ride.jpg

My daughters first "motorcycle" haha:

katie1y1.jpg

Started them out riding around on an electric cruiser bike. (Josh going, "my turn, my turn" haha):

jkmcycle2.jpg

My son's first motorcycle:

DSC01079.JPG

Katie's first quad:

Katie Thanksgiving06.jpg

Josh's very first motorcycle jump:

IMG_7463.jpg

Both kids out riding:

DSC03101.JPGDSC03109.JPG

Josh leading the quad pack, haha (and that's my fiance on the KX behind him with the Black Flag sideplates):

DSC02966.JPG

Here he is a few years ago, all grown up and training with my AR (yes, he should've had glasses on):

DSC_0741.JPG

And finally, here's a pic of him going riding with one of his buddies last weekend (Halloween 2015) on my 450. We were able to squeeze in one last trip before boot camp:

SDC12965.JPG

So, again, my advice: IT GOES QUICK, ENJOY THE RIDE!!!

EDIT: He's a pic getting the bike out of the water, so that you know the story is legit (the body language of my fiance and daughter is hilarious, showing they weren't too thrilled with my antics going so wrong. haha):

bikeunderwaterglamis.jpg

Edited by Aka.Goose
  • Like 2

My son at 5...first ride with no trainers!

f0zptt.jpg

At 6...

34zd95d.jpg

At 8...

25fninm.jpg

Finished his first enduro at 9, poured rain and he never hesitated...

1saw40.jpg

Now at 10, and on an 85 and up for new challenges...

qssdqo.jpg

s1nsk0.jpg

I couldn't pick one time, or moment because everytime that moment happens a new one presents itself. Each one of these pictures has a great memory attatched to it, a first, or proud dad moment, a conversation in the truck on the way to ride. It just keeps getting better.

5 years has flown by, glad I have lots of pictures. Thanks for the walk down memory lane Monk, Congratulations!

Edited by poldies4
  • Like 4