Sign in to follow this  

Ganaraska forest

Anyone been to the ganny lately? I'm thinking of going on Sunday as the weather looks awesome. Just a bit worried with all the rain lately that it'll be too muddy.

Its not to bad. Single track is very leafy and hard to follow at times. I will be riding there tomorrow. Only a couple weeks until the season is over

Ended up going to the trails in turkey point. Technical single track. Was pretty good!

I'm googling, but so far, I can't come up with anything about camping at Ganaraska.

I'm not looking for showers and picnic tables, etc. just a place to park a 30' RV and a 12' enclosed trailer that's legal, and doesn't involve loading and moving. No hookups, a parking lot is PERFECT.

Anyone?

Planning a Spring trip, and Ganaraska is a place I'd like to try if the fit is right!

Mike

I'm googling, but so far, I can't come up with anything about camping at Ganaraska.

I'm not looking for showers and picnic tables, etc. just a place to park a 30' RV and a 12' enclosed trailer that's legal, and doesn't involve loading and moving. No hookups, a parking lot is PERFECT.

Anyone?

Planning a Spring trip, and Ganaraska is a place I'd like to try if the fit is right!

Mike

I believe there is a campground next to it called Sandaraska and they have trail access to the Ganny.  You can try getting in touch with them.  I'm pretty sure there is no camping on Ganaraska property.

Spotted the "Sandaraska" site, looks like they're pretty fussy about operating an atv on the property. Can't imagine they'd be happy about a bike. Horse poop is ok though...

Hoping before Spring some way to visit Ganaraska happens.

Again, I just need overnight parking nearby, not a traditional camp spot.

Spotted the "Sandaraska" site, looks like they're pretty fussy about operating an atv on the property. Can't imagine they'd be happy about a bike. Horse poop is ok though...

Hoping before Spring some way to visit Ganaraska happens.

Again, I just need overnight parking nearby, not a traditional camp spot.

I ran into a father and son on dirtbikes in the Ganny and they had a lot at Sandaraska.  Said they've been going there for years and use it as their home base to ride the Ganny.  I'm pretty sure they are cool with ATVs and Bikes going to and from the park, but not riding around the park property recreationally.  I would give them a call.  I think they're the only campground in close proximity.

Do you need a green plate to ride here?

In the Ganny yes you do.  Green plate and Liability insurance.  You also need to buy a daily or yearly pass.  2015 cost for passes was $30/day or $150/year. 

Any of you ride the northumberland forest single track section of the ganny by roseneeth or the Millbrook section by tapley 1/4 line? Both are very technical riding, but an absolute blast. Unfortunately, I only got out 10-15 times summer 2015.

Any of you ride the northumberland forest single track section of the ganny by roseneeth or the Millbrook section by tapley 1/4 line? Both are very technical riding, but an absolute blast. Unfortunately, I only got out 10-15 times summer 2015.

I always wanted to go there but I didn't get an OFTR trail pass this year, so I just rode the Ganny.  It's also on the far side of the Ganny for me, so I don't bother with the extra half hour of driving.  I've heard good thing though.

• Like 1

I always wanted to go there but I didn't get an OFTR trail pass this year, so I just rode the Ganny. It's also on the far side of the Ganny for me, so I don't bother with the extra half hour of driving. I've heard good thing though.

The single track loop is only about 7.5km, but it's worth at least a day pass. On the shared trails outside the loop some quad guys can be dinks, but the double track is a nice scenic ride.

Old thread I know. Where exactly is the section by Tapley 1/4 Line?

Old thread I know. Where exactly is the section by Tapley 1/4 Line?

Head north off the 115 down tappet 1/4 line and there's entrances down either of the first 2 left turns. No real staging areas, but I park at a friend's on that road and ride from his house. If you take the first left, the trail is just to the right of the farm field entrance and you need to navigate the swamp (all legal riding area, just a mess). If you take the second left just before the train tracks, you follow it over and a couple miles pas the bridge and you will see a few entrances on you left and enough room to park a truck or 2, but not enough to park or turn a trailer.

Head north off the 115 down tappet 1/4 line and there's entrances down either of the first 2 left turns. No real staging areas, but I park at a friend's on that road and ride from his house. If you take the first left, the trail is just to the right of the farm field entrance and you need to navigate the swamp (all legal riding area, just a mess). If you take the second left just before the train tracks, you follow it over and a couple miles pas the bridge and you will see a few entrances on you left and enough room to park a truck or 2, but not enough to park or turn a trailer.

Okay. I am familiar with 2 lefts you talk about, I live between the 2 of them, moved there in the fall. I was curious about the section of single track mentioned. I will have to venture around in there a little more. 

Thanks

Okay. I am familiar with 2 lefts you talk about, I live between the 2 of them, moved there in the fall. I was curious about the section of single track mentioned. I will have to venture around in there a little more.

Thanks

The single track is in the Northumberland forest about a half hour drive from you at the north corner of hwy45 and beagle club road. Need insurance, a green plate and a club permit to ride there (day passes available online). Just Google Northumberland trails and there's trail maps available.

Also heard the police patrol the trails near you, but have never seen any. Either way, insurance and green plate advised.

The single track is in the Northumberland forest about a half hour drive from you at the north corner of hwy45 and beagle club road. Need insurance, a green plate and a club permit to ride there (day passes available online). Just Google Northumberland trails and there's trail maps available.

Also heard the police patrol the trails near you, but have never seen any. Either way, insurance and green plate advised.

Edit: you have a neighbor across the road that rides a little cbr125 street bike at the top of the hill between side roads just south of the tracks. Flag him down and ask him. His name is Mike. Just say Spencer said he would show you the trail entrances. I will give him a heads up, but he showed me and was borrowing my spair bike last year

Edit: you have a neighbor across the road that rides a little cbr125 street bike at the top of the hill between side roads just south of the tracks. Flag him down and ask him. His name is Mike. Just say Spencer said he would show you the trail entrances. I will give him a heads up, but he showed me and was borrowing my spair bike last year

Cool, thanks!