how do kids ride 65s? they are bloody rapid

i had a go on a ktm 65, i made it look like a mini moto and far to big (78kg 5.10) for it but them thing go like hell. the power to weight for them must be ridiculous. I have been riding motorbikes since i was 6 but back in my day there was never such a highly tuned lil rocket as those wee 65s.

but it made me think how do kids handle them? there are kids between 6-12 years old riding them on there limits, it just goes to show how fearless some kids are

Little kids are fearless on dirtbikes, missing school due to a broken arm/leg is a plus for them

unlike an adult who has to be back at work Monday mornings, has family responsabilities and can't afford to be hospitalized.

Edited by mlatour

Kids can handle them because the bikes are designed for kids. Put an adult on a Mini and they don't have enough low end to make a smooth transition to the pipe, and the front wheel always wants to come up because of the weight transfer.

• Like 1

I grew on a 2006 ktm 65. In my opinion that bike taught me more them any of the other bikes i owned. Clutch, brake, and throttle control, braking, the effects of riding a 2 stroke like a dumbass without wearing gear. I ride and xr 250r and sometimes my dads 08 cr 500. I rode my neighbors kx 65 and wished i was still small enough.