Sign in to follow this  

Overheated?

Hey everyone. Last month I got myself a bigger bike (1999 kx125) so I let my brother tag along riding with me so he drove my 150f. We were driving around in a feild for well over an hour and I know that the poor honda was getting pushed really bad. My brother even hit the revlimiter a couple times which I gave him s^#&t for doing. Anyhow. While driving home from the feild the 150's throttle response went extremely poor. It wouldn't rev past half throttle. All I can describe that it was running out of gas but it wasn't at all. It would idle perfectly but if any thorttle was given it had a bad response then died out. After he pushed it home I gave it a good check over. It has good fuel flow, spark is fine. It'll start right up and idle but still have troubles revving.Oil is good. So after checking everything over that same night as when the problems occurred, I left it in the garage and the next day. It starts right up and runs perfect again :blink:. Power is perfect and the throttle response is great and no abnormal engine noises. Took it out for like 45 minutes and all seems fine. Could the poor honda been overheated and cause this terrible throttle response? Any advice would be great!

Sounds like the choke was stuck. I have had that happen to my CRF230F. Frustrating and hard to find. Runs good until it is warmed up.

could of possibly been the problem for sure

Sounds like the choke was stuck. I have had that happen to my CRF230F. Frustrating and hard to find. Runs good until it is warmed up.

have had the same thing with my 250r

How does that even happen? One unlucky bump can cause this?

Lots of things can. A stick gets thrown up and grabs the choke lever or only getting it on half choke and forgetting. Hard to say.

• Like 1