Sign in to follow this  

2004 rm250 clutches won't push.

Okay, so I have a 2004 rm250 that I had just rebuilt the bottom end. I get the case together and everything's going fine. I have all of the gears. But when I put the clutches in, and tightened the pressure plate down (I've even tried loosening the bolts a little). And then I put the clutch release camshaft back in on the flywheel side and try to pull up on it, it will not push the clutches out. It works whenever there are only 2 or 3 bolts holding the clutches in, but when I put all the bolts and springs in, it's almost like there is too much tension and it takes a whole lot of force on the release camshaft to push the push rod and push the clutches out to shift.

I tried explaining that the best I could, I hope somebody else has had this problem and can help me out because this is killing me. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447524542.511916.jpg

I was wandering that myself. I have yet to try it. I'm gonna guess that it isn't going to make a difference because it is really tough.

You can not get enough force to push the actuator by hand, that is normal, you have no leverage. Try with cable and lever.

I put the motor in this morning and ran the clutch down to it and it worked fine. Pulled right in. Thanks guys.