Sign in to follow this  

Jetting help needed for a 1994 Husaberg FE350

Are there any "old" Husaberg experts out there?

I have a very good condition '94 FE350 Enduro. The bike is sweet.  I've had the suspension customized by WER, and the bike starts easily and idles well. The engine is fresh (new piston, valves, etc), and has good compression.

Except for having the same basic clutch/transmission that I had on my 1987 Husky WR430 (strong clutch pull, and have to kill the engine to find neutral when not moving), it is a great bike.

My only problem is that occasionally i get excited and "whack" the throttle WFO right before an obstacle; causing the engine to stutter and sometimes completely flame out. (die)

Primarily, this is caused by me being a life long mostly two stroke rider.  (I have a quick wrist action.)  

However, I didn't have a problem this severe when racing a XR Honda, or when riding my Dual Sported '01 520EXC, so I believe that the situation could be improved by a better choice of jets and jet needle, at least in the slower speed circuits.

My plea for help is to see if anyone has any direct knowledge of what part of the jetting I need to correct, and even better, which jets and jet needle I out to try as a base and where to go from there.

I ride mostly from just above sea level to 3,000'.  I run premium non-ethanol pump gasoline. 

I thank you all in advance.

Jim Cook

aged GasGas pilot

Doesn't really matter what brand

Everyone uses the FCR.

You need to do this first.... to get the carb all working properly.....

http://www.dirtrider.com/features/protips/141_0707_keihin_fcr_carb_rebuild/

Then deal with the jetting issues.

Your 'bog' probably has nothing to do with jetting, but with the accelerator pump system

Verify your squirt by lifting up the subframe and watching it squirt.

Let us know what you find, and write down all the jetting.

Edited by KRANNIE

Your carb, a Dellorto, does not have an accelerator pump. That old carb probably needs a little spruce up and fine tuning. The needle jet and float needle and seat are all high wear items. I would contact Taffmeisters as he has different kits for these carbs and all of the parts.

http://taffmeisters.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Dell+Orto+&osCsid=14ef2f4753432eb8444909b518b0d30c&x=16&y=17