Sign in to follow this  

Is Locus pro worth getting?

Hey folks, I did a bit of searching and didn't really get my question answered so here it goes. I am looking for an android compatible, stand alone map program that I can use to check out routes while out hunting. I currently have a garmin Rhino 530 hcx that is loaded with color topo maps. It works great for figuring out where I am and where I left the truck but I would like to use my tablet back at camp to scope out trail routes on a larger, easier to use screen.

I recently downloaded Locus Free and I like the way it works and the quality of the topo maps but am disappointed with the lack of roads shown on the map. Basically, I go to my hunting area and all the topographic info is shown but none of the dirt forest service roads are shown at all, it only shows the major paved highways. Is this a limitation of the free version or am I missing something in the settings?

Thanks for any help.

Avenza PDF is a decent map app for Android . I can load GPS maps into the app and turn on my GPS when on location for the map loaded . Free also .