Sign in to follow this  

13 150sx jetting

Just picked up a 13 150sx I tried 50/50 c12/ 93 40 to1 klutz r50

I'm going to go with straight avgas 100LL same oil the bike has a bit of a bog off the bottom and is a bit flat on top I know it's got a 185 main in it but that's it what's a good starting point?

What ru guys running fuel and jets?

I have a '14 150sx I use the jetting guide in the owners manual, and have a ProCircuit pipe, stock silencer, and set the squish to 1.09mm and went down one size on the pilot jet. The pilot jet change helped, but setting the squish was a better improvement for off idle response. I run 93 octane, and mix at 40:1. Maxima 927 castor oil.

• Like 2

Just picked up a 13 150sx I tried 50/50 c12/ 93 40 to1 klutz r50

I'm going to go with straight avgas 100LL same oil the bike has a bit of a bog off the bottom and is a bit flat on top I know it's got a 185 main in it but that's it what's a good starting point?

What ru guys running fuel and jets?

Your profile indicates you are located in Maine,

you then have another tuning variable going on these days : cool fall weather

What is 'perfect' jetting in 60-70°F weather is now likely too lean for current 40-50°F ambiant temps.

All fuel circuits: pilot jet, needle clip, needle's profile, main jet may require some enrichement to compensate.

Edited by mlatour

I have a '14 150sx I use the jetting guide in the owners manual, and have a ProCircuit pipe, stock silencer, and set the squish to 1.09mm and went down one size on the pilot jet. The pilot jet change helped, but setting the squish was a better improvement for off idle response. I run 93 octane, and mix at 40:1. Maxima 927 castor oil.

+1