Sign in to follow this  

Gearing for 250f 2014

Gonna buy a new renthal sprocket and chain thinking about going with less teeth or more idk yet I ride mainly in michigan which is sand mix mainly what would you recommend

I have the same bike and trail ride only. Because I like to lug the bike in the low revs, stock gearing is too low for me. 1st is kinda low and 5th is low for logging roads. I dropped 2 teeth in the rear from stock. (50 to 48) and like it that way. You however may hate it that way. If I was racing moto in sand. Stock would probably be best .

I have the same bike and trail ride only. Because I like to lug the bike in the low revs, stock gearing is too low for me. 1st is kinda low and 5th is low for logging roads. I dropped 2 teeth in the rear from stock. (50 to 48) and like it that way. You however may hate it that way. If I was racing moto in sand. Stock would probably be best .

Yea I thought about it more and your right it's better to just keep it stock so I'll just keep it at 52

Yea I thought about it more and your right it's better to just keep it stock so I'll just keep it at 52

stock is a 50T.....

I agree that stock gearing is pretty darn good.  In the tightest and most technical trails I could probably use another tooth or 2 on the rear sprocket but I mostly ride Motocross with it. 

My friend rides a 14 KX250F (13/50) on open fire trails and rocky hills/twisty trails. He'd like more top end and a little more bite on the hills. I was gonna get him a new rear sprocket for Christmas. Would a 49 be enough of a change or should I go to a 48 rear?