Sign in to follow this  

2013 rmz 450 aftermarket triple clamps

Looking for info on what taller riders are using for top clamps, trying to find a setup where the bar mounts can be moved forward. Seems like their only available for pre 2013, I've put on lower foot pegs but its not enough, anyone have adjustable clamps on their 13 or newer rmz?

You can turn the stock bar holders round in the clamps 180 degrees which moves the bars forward, then throw on some high bend bars and your good to go.

• Like 1

I guess I wasn't clear in the first post, I have the clamps turned around in the forward position and its not enough, I was looking for an aftermarket top clamp that has 2 mount holes like ktm has. All the companies  (rg3, ride, pro circuit, protaper, applied) have them for 2012 and earlier, 2013 and up are different diameter forks and wont work, companies listed only have 2013 & up with the holes in the stock position if at all. Calling any of them is useless. 

Ill be the bad guy... 

Why is calling any of them useless? I always get a chuckle out of that. We all know that the 13 forks have different diameter forks... have you actually tried contacting any of these companies or are you just being lazy? 

Anyways, here are a few to choose from. There are tons of guys running aftermarket clamps on 13+ RMZ's and I have yet to see one that did not have options for adjustable bar position. Even the companies that only sell fixed position attachment points offer different bar mounts for different bar positions. 

Xtrig's are as adjustable as they come

RG3 can give you nearly any set up you want

Applied clamps are adjustable 

Edited by BDubb106

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the top clamp hasn't changed and fits all years, it's only the bottom clamp that has changed. Run a stock bottom and choose your favourite top clamp :ride:

Ill be the bad guy... 

Why is calling any of them useless? I always get a chuckle out of that. We all know that the 13 forks have different diameter forks... have you actually tried contacting any of these companies or are you just being lazy? 

Anyways, here are a few to choose from. There are tons of guys running aftermarket clamps on 13+ RMZ's and I have yet to see one that did not have options for adjustable bar position. Even the companies that only sell fixed position attachment points offer different bar mounts for different bar positions. 

I have called applied and after several tries some one finally answered the phone and was going to check and get back to me, that was a week ago, Iv'e called them back and left messages. Rg3,same thing, checking on it will call you back, crickets.  I didn't know about xtrig, looks like exactly what I want however they only list the top clamp for 2008 rmz 250/450, they only have one dealer listed in the US and the website doesn't work. I am only looking for the top clamp.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the top clamp hasn't changed and fits all years, it's only the bottom clamp that has changed. Run a stock bottom and choose your favourite top clamp :ride:

The sff forks on 2013 and up are larger diameter than previous years, they are not the same. 

Ill be the bad guy... 

Both Applied and rg3 called me back today, not available from rg3, Applied only has clamps with the mount holes in the stock position.

Top clamp isn't any different between 08-16. I have an 11, 12, and 15. Same top clamp fits all bikes. I am 6' and like a taller more forward setup. I run the BRP top clamp with 40mm rise bar clamps and it is pretty comfy. I have an Applied top clamp and a BRP. The BRP triple clamp feels more forward than Applied. BRP used to have a relative to stem chart and I believe their triple clamp is about 6mm more forward than stock. If you want more than that you will have to get Xtrig.

• Like 1

Top clamp isn't any different between 08-16. I have an 11, 12, and 15. Same top clamp fits all bikes. I am 6' and like a taller more forward setup. I run the BRP top clamp with 40mm rise bar clamps and it is pretty comfy. I have an Applied top clamp and a BRP. The BRP triple clamp feels more forward than Applied. BRP used to have a relative to stem chart and I believe their triple clamp is about 6mm more forward than stock. If you want more than that you will have to get Xtrig

Thanks, that is the info I was looking for, can you verify that you have actually used the top clamp from the 11 or 12 on the 16? I am asking because brp told me they aren't making them for 13-16  model years due to lack of sales, the person I spoke to said they were different. Just so I understand, your saying the diameter of the forks at the upper clamp are the same 8-16 but the sff forks on 13-16 are larger diameter at the bottom bracket with the same offset? 

Like i said earlier the top is the same, im running applied top clamp off a rm125 with stock bottom. Part numbers can change but the actual parts can still be the same. This should give you a heap of options cause you can also run rm125 and rm250 clamps (as long as they had showa and not kyb)

• Like 1

Like i said earlier the top is the same, im running applied top clamp off a rm125 with stock bottom. Part numbers can change but the actual parts can still be the same. This should give you a heap of options cause you can also run rm125 and rm250 clamps (as long as they had showa and not kyb)

What year is your RMZ?

My 2015 RMZ450 top clamp and 2008 RM250 top clamp are not interchangeable due to a different offset

Just buy new bar mounts that can be run in the forward position.

Ride engineering lists a set of clamps that work on 2013-2015

Ill be the bad guy... 

There's not a lot of adjustment to move forward with the Applied clamp. Same as the stockers, you just turn the bar mounts around.

Best thing I ever did was to fit a Scott's sub mounted dampener with Windham bend bars. Raising the bars is OK, moving them forward, not so much IMO.

BTW. I use Applied clamps and dampener mount. 2013 RM144AF (2013 RMZ250 roller). I'm 6/2 but have arms every boxer wishes for (long reach). 

Edited by AddictedToBling

Thanks to all who offered up advice, just wanted to share what I found. Basically no one makes an adjustable top clamp for the bike anymore (lack of sales), at least not in the US, Bud racing (England) and x-trig (Italy) both have one on their Euro websites but the US dealers for them said not available. In the case of x-trig I was told by the importer that even though the website shows them they don't even exist. Applied is the only one with an upper clamp available at this time and the difference is minimal like D702 says, he is correct also that 2008-16 is the same and it looks the the same back to 2005 according to brp. Brp no is no longer producing them even though there listed on there site, they were helpful however pointing me towards Scott who was stocking them for their damper set ups. They had one left in some dusty corner of there warehouse, success! Got them today and mounted them, looks like it will work perfectly.

• Like 1