Anyone pick up a 450FX yet?

This problem. I called Acerbis, it's like the FX frame is thicker. I was thinking I had to cut it to fit, but it wasn't close. They offered to refund, but I left it as is. You can only tell from the rear and the other side fit perfect.

?ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1459828638.621039.jpg

?ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1459828678.551447.jpg

That's strange, the guards fit over my FX frame fine.. 2015 250fx. Just took this pic.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1459829800.979414.jpg

Thanks!

That's what I needed to see.

You can't make a conventionally sized bracket that will lower the peg and still be structurally sound, because of the way it is mounted to the frame.

So, to make it work you would have to make new brackets, where only the bottom hinge portion of the bracket is extended, and then you would us a longer pivot pin, with an additional spacer.

Add Fastway pegs, and you would be able to go down 1".....but it would also push the pegs back as it went down.....which isn't a great idea....

Hmmm.......

Notice how my bottom tab will not tuck under. Trust me I tried everything.

Ya man I believe you from the pic. Looks like it's not even close for you. I'd be curious to see if another set would fit.

@"NW_drZ"

nice wheels

did you buy new black wheels or powder coat them?

mine are powdercoated...

Those are the black tusk impact wheels laced to the stock hubs. Nice bike by the way! Looks similar to my mine. Even have the same DR.D pipe!

Yes, very happy with the 430RR.

Very civilized, or agressive if you want.

Incredibly good handling; the best handling dirtbike that I can remember...

Not quite enough brute force for Desert or speed, however.

I have a YZ'd WR now that needs to go, and I've had track bikes in the past, but the e-start is now a must have.

Yeah, the DRC is only 5mm of drop

SystemTec used to make a 20mm drop bracket, but nothing for the '14+ framed bikes....

Fastway pegs are a 15mm drop.

Can anyone take a couple pics for me?

Right side, peg mounting bracket visible

Left side, peg mounting bracket visible.

Can't seem to find anything close enough on the web.

Want to see why SystemTec said it wasn't possible to make a lower bracket, in our conversation...

I have Fastaways in the low position on my 250 FX, do you want me to snap some pics?

Never mind, I see someone posted already.

Edited by ckny
  • Like 1

One of the problems I had with my 16 WR450 foot pegs that I gather are the same as the fx is they are heavily tilted up on the ends. Making it very hard to ride the bike. It took a lot of grinding to get them next to flat. That also lowered them.

They are like that on purpose to keep your knees and legs closer to the bike, they should be helping not hurting. I have mine adjusted pretty much as far towards the frame as possible.

They are like that on purpose to keep your knees and legs closer to the bike, they should be helping not hurting. I have mine adjusted pretty much as far towards the frame as possible.

Yes maybe it's good they come stock that way. However I found the bike very difficult and awkward to ride that way. With them near flat it is a day and night difference for the better.

• Like 1

It was very difficult just to place your feet on the pegs at that crazy angle. All I can say is buy yourself a second set of cheap pegs, grind them almost flat and you will see it for yourself.

Don't need to, I have adjustable Fastaways. Making them flat would defeat the purpose of adjustable pegs. Anything that makes it easier to grip and control the bike is a pro not a con for me. Can't see why it would be hard for you to place your feet on the pegs. I have size 13's and it's no issue for me.

Don't need to, I have adjustable Fastaways. Making them flat would defeat the purpose of adjustable pegs. Anything that makes it easier to grip and control the bike is a pro not a con for me. Can't see why it would be hard for you to place your feet on the pegs. I have size 13's and it's no issue for me.

Hum last time I checked my feet are relatively flat and that's the way I ride a motorcycle.

• Like 2