Anyone pick up a 450FX yet?

are you saying the fx and the f share the same lever?

Pretty sure they are the same, might have a few different numbers in the part fiche but I'm sure they are the same. I could be wrong, maybe someone else can chime in.

Sorry I meant the brake lever has been the same since 08 BTW...

I have an older Yamaha clutch lever on my shelf, I will go compare with the one on my FX.

Did the bike lower at all when you changed the springs? Mine is sitting up alittle higher then I want

I didn't notice a difference. But I had virtually no seat time prior and what seat time I did have everything seemed too low. But the Kranster said he noticed it being low so I'm not sure. I'm going to pull it apart and install a spacer and I will measure before and after. It seemed like there was still a preload when going together though.

Never mind. You asked about the rear. No it does not change the height in the rear. My front springs were shorter as well and that was what I am referring to here.

Edited by BolinJrsPit Crew

Has anyone changed the clutch lever yet? I'm not finding anything in the aftermarket.

I put on a pro taper lever and perch. The stock lever I thought was horrible. To change the perch I had to remove the little plunger that tells the bike is in neutral. But now the start will work with the bike in gear and the clutch out.

are you saying the fx and the f share the same lever?

I asked this question on the WR forum, I got one response from a guy who bought levers for the F but they did not fit his WR (they did not fit in the perch). I haven't checked the part numbers but I assume the WR and FX would be the same seeing they both have e-start. I bought the whole lever and perch from arc, you pull out the neutral switch like some one else stated.

I put on a pro taper lever and perch. The stock lever I thought was horrible. To change the perch I had to remove the little plunger that tells the bike is in neutral. But now the start will work with the bike in gear and the clutch out.

Forgive my ignorance, why would you want to start the bike in gear with the clutch out?

Forgive my ignorance, why would you want to start the bike in gear with the clutch out?

Mostly if you happen to stall in a corner you can just tap the starter and get it going again while you still have some momentum but not enough to really bump start.

I've had to do this a few times already with the fx, and my old Ktm. If I were better with the rear brake I wouldn't have to ever do this..... But that is not reality

I didn't notice a difference. But I had virtually no seat time prior and what seat time I did have everything seemed too low. But the Kranster said he noticed it being low so I'm not sure. I'm going to pull it apart and install a spacer and I will measure before and after. It seemed like there was still a preload when going together though.

Never mind. You asked about the rear. No it does not change the height in the rear. My front springs were shorter as well and that was what I am referring to here.

Where did you order the springs from? And how did you go about figuring what springs you wanted

Mostly if you happen to stall in a corner you can just tap the starter and get it going again while you still have some momentum but not enough to really bump start.

I've had to do this a few times already with the fx, and my old Ktm. If I were better with the rear brake I wouldn't have to ever do this..... But that is not reality

Just pull the clutch for 2 seconds.

Not as universally effective.

What are you talking about?

Pretty sure you are going to need to pull the clutch in if you want to get moving again after stalling the bike.

Bikes don't start and get forward momentum without having the transmission in a gear other than neutral.

I think I misunderstood the post or something. All the times I have ridden a 450FX I have not stalled the bike....are you saying the bike won't re fire in gear? That's just dumb. The 250FX will start in gear.

What are you talking about?

Pretty sure you are going to need to pull the clutch in if you want to get moving again after stalling the bike.

Bikes don't start and get forward momentum without having the transmission in a gear other than neutral.

I think I misunderstood the post or something. All the times I have ridden a 450FX I have not stalled the bike....are you saying the bike won't re fire in gear? That's just dumb. The 250FX will start in gear.

Think of the bike approaching a corner, when you have brake stomped the engine into silence, and it's dragging the rear wheel, but still moving.  Just bumping the e-start will often be all it takes, and the force on the wheel will help it roll over and start.  When you stop the engine that way, you have about a 1 in 5 or 6 chance that you will have trapped the decomp pin against the valve lifter, in which case, the e-start won't light it off by itself.  Quicker than pulling the clutch and hitting the button, and requires less involvement with your hands, which may be otherwise occupied.

You could, if you are still moving fast enough, just pull and release the clutch, and that will sometimes cause a "bump" restart, but you might not be going fast enough. 

And yes, the FX has exhibited some reluctance to start in gear at a standstill, but that wouldn't apply under the above conditions. 

There are all kinds of ways to utilize a starter that runs on demand, and all kinds of other ways in which the litany of "safety" measures that are wired in to keep idiots from hurting themselves can become annoyingly restrictive. 

• Like 2

Pretty sure they are the same, might have a few different numbers in the part fiche but I'm sure they are the same. I could be wrong, maybe someone else can chime in.

Sorry I meant the brake lever has been the same since 08 BTW...

I have an older Yamaha clutch lever on my shelf, I will go compare with the one on my FX.

On Rockymountainatv, Renthal Gen 2 Intellilever is the same part # for the F and the FX - 1345440003