NEED YOUTUBE DIRTBIKE CHANNEL NAME * HELP *

What about tagging your best vids with "lifestyle" "motocross is beatiful" and other popular slogans ppl add to their vids, to get more views. Personally, when I'm in

mood to watch some bike stuff, I search for "hard rock trails" or specific bike name like "yz450f". When my urge to ride is big, I tend to watch vids tagged or titled as "motocross is beatiful" with up-lifting music in background ?.

That's what ppl do when they miss their bikes :D

I advice you to search in the net for "youtube video tagging/positioning". IMO the name of your channel is important, but, TBH more important is how you title and tag your vids. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong since what am I doing now is brainstorming (alone for a while 8-D)

• Like 2

I reeally like what your saying SOSYCZ .. i will surely do that once i figure out what to put my name as. I do lots of trails and some track. enduro aswell. still need to make a name. i never thought it would be this hard to create a good catchy name haha

Just pick a name you like.  The Channel name has some importance but not huge importance for SEO within Youtube.  Youtube's algorithms for videos are ever changing.  Right now SEO on how videos come up in search results has some to do with the video title, tags, but the most important thing for ranking in search is your average watch time.  The higher (longer) the watch time your viewers view a particular video the better it will rank in a search for "motocross beautiful" for example.

Focus on making great content that people want to watch all the way through.  Generally speaking straight POV videos that drone on and on do poorly on watch time and thus rank poorly in search and in suggested videos on the sidebar.  Make videos with variety or content that engages and keeps viewers from dropping within the first 10% of the video.  Right now Youtube weighs heavily on watch time over most other metrics.

Also since you are just starting out, be sure to use royalty free music, that is if you EVER decide to become a partner or monetize in the future.  It would be a shame to have one of your videos become reasonable popular or have good engagement but then not be able to monetize because you used copyrighted material.  BTW Youtubes ContentID bot it ruthless and probably will catch it at upload.

I have been on Youtube since January of 2006 and I wish I knew then what I know now, but YT was a radically different place then.

www.youtube.com\thejunkman

In regards to music, take it easy. If anything just use a background tune with no words

The key is royalty free.  And yes, some sort of commentary or "talking" to give the viewer a good reason to watch until the end.  These days it is not enough to get a view you need watch time duration to get good search and referral video results.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...