Sign in to follow this  

Kx125 throttle sticking every now and then.

So about a month ago i was riding at the mx track and the throttle got stuck wide open on the whoops section, i closed the throttle fully but was stuck open, and now today when i was riding the same thing happened at the whoops section. the carb is spotless and the throttle cable is not worn anywhere, i checked to see if the throttle cable is getting pinched under the tank but it is free and there is not bends on it. could it be a power valve problem?

Luke.

Same thing happened to me intermittent throttle sticking, the power valve had to be cleaned out everything was caked in carbon causing the linkage to be stuck open good luck

Can't see how the power valve is not connected to the carb. I would take a look at the throttle tube carb and cable. And look. To see if any trash is getting past your air filter. If all looks good I would start replacing parts cable may be coming apart inside. Knowing me I would replace cable and throttle assy. I don't mess around with stuff that will land you in the hospital.

• Like 1

Can't see how the power valve is not connected to the carb. I would take a look at the throttle tube carb and cable. And look. To see if any trash is getting past your air filter. If all looks good I would start replacing parts cable may be coming apart inside. Knowing me I would replace cable and throttle assy. I don't mess around with stuff that will land you in the hospital.

What he said. 

Disassemble the throttle tube and verify it's not catching or dragging on anything including handlebars or bark busters, etc. Replace throttle cable. Inspect spring/slide to verify it's moving freely. Remove air boot and visually verify the slide snaps shut upon releasing the throttle. Needle could be bent slightly which causes whole assembly to drag. 

If it stays wide open again on whoops sections or elsewhere only think of one thing at that moment: pull in the clutch now!

• Like 1