Sign in to follow this  

triple tree and other replacements needed

Hello,

I'm looking to replace a couple broken items on  my 2013 drz400SM.

Broken

triple tree:  My understanding is that since 2013 the SM received updated forks and thus the triple tree.  Does anyone know of other triple trees that I can use from the Suzuki family?  I'm thinking I can not use anything before 2013?

Speedo: Should I get an after market (like a trail tech)or a used one?

Front and back turn singles: after market or used ones?

Tail light: after market or used?

Front wheel: I have not yet tackled the front excel front tire.

The excel rim seems straight so I priced some replacement spokes from a local dealer.

But the router is loose, got to look into that.

I hope to find some off road tires/rims to switch out when I hit the woods. 

I'll have most things but the engine off any mods or improvements I should think about?

Thanks for your advice!

Jeff

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

IMG_1073.JPG

triple tree:  My understanding is that since 2013 the SM received updated forks and thus the triple tree.  Does anyone know of other triple trees that I can use from the Suzuki family?  I'm thinking I can not use anything before 2013?

all SM forks/triples are equal. every single year, nothing was ever different between SM years..2005-2016

the s and sm forks are different every year.. s/e are conventional forks and use conventional triple clamp setup,

sm are usd forks and use usd triple clamp setup...so buy any year triple clamp but must be SM

Edited by 707LAKE

When it comes to speedo I really like the trail tech, it doesn't have a built in neutral or high beam light but those aren't really necessary.  Plus it seems to hold up a bit better than OEM one.

For tail light, basically anything is better than the OEM piece of ugly.  I personally use a ufo Drz400 tail light.  It works nice because it has the rear turn signals built right in.  Another solid option is the dry edge or edge 2.  A lot of people seem to like those really well but you have to then get rear turn signals.

The OEM turn signals are big and ugly just like the tail light.  So drc makes good replacement ones too.

A great site is wheeling Cycle Supply.  Just click shop, and then Drz400 and it comes up with a bunch of compatible parts. they even have entire rims and wheel set up but you can find used versions of those pretty cheap on ebay, especially if you're gonna buy 18-21 rims for dirt, they tend to be cheaper than 17s.

What happened that cracked the triple tree???