Sign in to follow this  

2008 rm-z 450 problems

Ok, so a few months ago i got my self an rm-z 450 2008 with the 2009 engine, it's recently had a full rebuild and is currently not even ran in properly. Im scared to ride it because its got a loud ticking noise when it idles. I had to replace the left rad aswell as there was a hole in it, now when it gets up to temp, water and steam spray out of the breather pipe on the right radiator. Anyone know what this could be ?

Thats what im thinking too, the person i got it off had rode it with a hole in the rad with rad weld, he says he never but i think hes over heated it and warped the head

Its just had a brand new one thats why im thinking the head might be warped, and iv only rode it once to test it. it's probably not even got 2 hours on it, but i dont know tbh it's strange. The sound is very strange too ill try post a video

Only OEM gaskets as Rotaholic said. Also check to make sure you remembered to reinstall the header gasket. I have heard them sound similar with an exhaust leak right at the cylinder. It is tough to pinpoint where it is coming from through video.

Im sure it was an OEM gasket that went in, iv checked the oil which came out clean no sign of water, but ill pull it apart and see. Ill definitely check the header too, the noise dose seem louder around it, thanks for the help so far ill let you know what i find.

Ok quick update, iv took the header pipe off and i did put the washer back in although the washer looks like its being worn, as there is metal shavings all over it ??