Sign in to follow this  

TTR225 Carburator question

Ok now that the bike is fully back together and I thought all the kinks were worked out, the carb is now leaking. I rebuilt the carb a few months back while assembling this basket case. The carb is leaking from the bowl drain screw. The screw is new from the kit. I'm wondering if an oring or gasket is supposed to be inside the bowl for the screw to seat against. I don't have any pieces left over from the kit. Any thoughts or links to a carb rebuild? Any help would be great.

On a positive note the bike finally runs.

Depends. Leak can be from an overflow in the float bowl to a damaged bowl. Take a gander at the Intake/fuel injection form, there was a guy in the last week where this was well covered.

Ok thank you for the fast reply. I will take a look.

Because you thanked me, I found the thread. Not the same carb (I do not think) but all the principles are the same

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1160450-2005-yz250f-carb-drain-leaking-stumped/

Lol... Thanks again.

I just read through that post. I thought I cleaned everything properly and had it adjust correctly but always a possibility. I didn't even think of a cracked bowl. I'll get it off after supper and check it out.