Sign in to follow this  

Washington lost rider at tahuya

We were at the mission creek staging are this morning at 8:00 and were informed by 2 search and rescue volunteers that they were looking for a rider that has been missing since saturday. rode over to sand hill staging area and found search and rescue set up there,we were told to go back the way we came and to be careful. does anyone know if they have found the missing rider yet?

Wow....we rode all over tahuya on saturday and only ran into one group of 6 riders across the street from sand hill. Never heard anything or saw anything.

Joe

Yep they found him walking down a road around 10-1030 am Sunday. Im not sure of all the details but he was with others and they left him when he got a flat. Not sure if he was lost or something else happened.

Not sure the exact details but while we were at the sand hill staging area we did talk to a family member who stated that the rider was 42 years old,has diabetes,had a full tank of gas and was in good shape when he told his buddies to go ahead(not sure if they just left him or if he told them to go ahead) but after spending a cold wet night at Tahuya i would not be a happy camper.

I would hope that when I buy a bike next year and start riding again that anybody I ride with won't leave me stranded in the woods with a flat

I would hope that when I buy a bike next year and start riding again that anybody I ride with won't leave me stranded in the woods with a flat

more than likely the guy said 'you guys go on without me, I'll find my way back'.....the rest of the group said "you sure?"....guy said "yep"

:D

• Like 4

In a group of 6, one gets a flat and tells the group to go on and he'll "catch up" the other 5 draw straws to see who stays behind with him. As said above - no one left behind.

• Like 8

a flat ?  I'd ride out on the rim before spending a cold wet night out there? Lost with a flat sounds more like it.

• Like 6

A flat has never stopped me before,i always get flats  :thumbsdn:. I have met several people/groups out there lately that were either lost/separated from the group they were in or lost by them self and i had to get them back to the vehicles,funny thing is i was riding by myself when this happened.

• Like 2

Not surprised. Place is impossible to navigate by yourself if you've been there less than 50 times. Just my opinion. Glad he was found!

Naaah...I think I picked it up by following Bill in maybe the first 35 times  :busted:

Joe

So glad they found the guy. Some people have trouble with their sense of direction. I been riding tahuya for one summer. I can get around pretty good but I am always finding off shoots that I have not explored. When I first started going in February after i got my bike, I carried a map and a just in case pack. But with a map, that place is easily navigable. Man spending the night inTahuya must have been a bummer. Glad he wasn't in there last night. What was the wind? 70 mph?  :crazy: