Sign in to follow this  

Cr250 hard to start when cold

My 1998 Cr250 is extremely hard to start when cold. It takes a ton of kicks to fire if it fires at all. I usually have to jump start it and it starts first kick when warm. Anything I can do to make it start easier after sitting for a day or two? I live in Connecticut so the temp right now is about 40-65 degrees

If it always started before the weather got cooler, bump up your pilot. You could go up 2-3 sizes for this weather.

I'm not too sure what it starts like when it's warm because I just bought it. The other day, I realized I left the gas on all night and it started first kick the next day

Man o man, pull that spark plug, clean it or replace it. Reinstall freshly gapped and anti-size coated threaded to factory spec. Put that choke-idle knob on, fuel on, no throttle! and fire that muther up.....if that dosnt work, you need a jetting check,,,,,,one side note look at the spark plug itself it should have little carbon round the cyl, and the center electrode and outer electrode should be a nice light brown color, meaning your jetting is a #1