Sign in to follow this  

'15 300XC Jetting Assistance Needed

Hey fellas, need a little help tweaking jetting.

-2015 300xc, FMF Turbine Core II
-Motul 800 50:1
-0-500ft, Virginia. All four seasons, ride from about 32-100 degrees.
-Mostly single track trail, but also rip power lines, open trails, etc. Race Hare Scrambles... mostly wooded single track.

Current jetting: 40/170, Suzuki NEDH needle, middle clip.

Bike runs great but that's relative because I have nothing to compare it to (old bike was much slower). Stock jetting had decel pinging so I moved pilot up to 40. Top end seemed rich so I changed needle and main around the same time based on some recommendations and reading. No complaints in power or delivery, but I know its running pretty damn rich. Drip out the pipe and at the joint.

What direction would you take the jets or the needle? Today at about 55 degrees and this setup yielded some major spooge. I can't really pinpoint which circuit is the cause of richness. Riding low RPM trails causes spooge, but a plug chop also shows a pretty black plug.

Would you just leave it or maybe drop to 40/168/NEDJ?

-Jim

I just rode today, no spooge for me.  High of 54 at sea level.  You know my setup.  Our only difference is the oil mixed into the fuel.  Try the Motorex Low Smoke stuff you can get at any KTM dealer.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/2944/43465/Motorex-Cross-Power-Full-Synthetic-2-Stroke-Oil

Lol - yeah, I know your setup ;)  I love the way the bike runs, I just hate the mess its creating.  The goop coming out of the pipe/silencer joint is getting all over the damn place.  I am going to try Motorex and/or Motul 710.  Both have a flashpoint of like 300 degrees lower than the 800 I have been using.

Edited by MistrRoboto

wrong choice in premix. 

I just rode today, no spooge for me.  High of 54 at sea level.  You know my setup.  Our only difference is the oil mixed into the fuel.  Try the Motorex Low Smoke stuff you can get at any KTM dealer.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/2944/43465/Motorex-Cross-Power-Full-Synthetic-2-Stroke-Oil

Tried out Motorex Crosspower 2t at 50:1 today.  Very nice!  There was no spooge drip, just a small black ring around the tip of silencer.  Much better than the drips I was getting with the Motul 800.  Today's ride was nearly identical weather conditions with equal if not more low rev lugging.

I'll be sticking with the Motorex.

Thanks!

Jim

• Like 1