Sign in to follow this  

I just fell in love.

Frolicking about on the mountain yesterday with the group. One member recently bought a husky fc350, blinged and packing a rekluse.

Suspension, power that is there but doesn't want to kill you, but that damned rekluse! Point and ride. Rockpile hillclimbs? Easy. I have never so impressed with a motorcycle in my life, and I tell ya I've owned a bunch and have ridden now for well over 40 years.

• Like 1

I miss the days when I was the only guy in my class who ran a recluse

Now everyone does

When I need to replace my clutch basket and what not then maybe I'll get a rekluse.

I can't really justify the price when my clutch still works fine. And I like being able to engine brake.

If, for some odd reason, I couldn't get a YZ as my next bike, I'd happily take a Husky as my second choice (they are so pretty), but I would still want it in 450 or 500.

• Like 1

I hate engine breaking. I want a rekluse so bad. At this point in my life I am ridding 3-4 times a year. Can't justify it now.

I put in recluse every time I buy new bike before I even do first ride. Two stroke with recluse is so easy to ride. Can't  kill it if you drop it lays there running till you pick it up. Dead engine starts are like cheating. Best cost effective mod you can do to a bike

• Like 1

^^ I would concur. It is so much easier to get thru nasty up hills. Especially if you lose momentum or need to get going again. I never had engine braking on my 2stks so I don't miss that on my 4 stk but I would like the rear wheel to lock up if I don't make it up a hill and shut off the motor or crash and get to picking the bike up right away. In the end small price to pay for almost never stalling in tight stuff with a tall mx 1st gear.

You are a sick sick he-slut

Ossi is not just sick, he is beyond helping.

That's why there is a whole thread called WWOD to speculate on.

• Like 2

I dont understand the rekluse love... How exactly does it help in tight single track and rocky climbs? You still have to shift gears at the right times to keep optimal rear wheel power relative to terrain, dont you? You can't just keep the bike in 1 gear and plod through anything in front of you, right?

I dont understand the rekluse love... How exactly does it help in tight single track and rocky climbs? You still have to shift gears at the right times to keep optimal rear wheel power relative to terrain, dont you? You can't just keep the bike in 1 gear and plod through anything in front of you, right?

Its so they don't stall, and reportedly helps power modulation.

• Like 1

I just played with it for a while getting use to to . Point it at a rocky hill climb and just go.

I pulled up to a large water bar, 2nd gear. No touching clutch. Put front wheel against it, ease on throttle, bike just eases up and over it, smoothly. It's ridiculous how easy it makes technical stuff.

I can't even imagine life on the dead engine starting line, push twist and go.

• Like 1

clutch hand just doesn't work as perfectly. Stop on a steep, loose hill... feed just enough power in to move but not dig a hole. It's like magic.

Never had a stalling issue with a regular clutch, after Gary Bailey's MX schooling, I have always used the clutch to feed in the power. A Rekluse is much better at it than me. E-start works well to avoid rolling backwards with an auto clutch too.

• Like 1

You guys are insane. Yall spend more on a clutch than I spend on buying a bike.

My newest bike is an 09

I even still have a sweet 02 250sx, best bike I've ever owned.

I want to upgrade but don't wanna spend cash again. Ugh

• Like 1