Sign in to follow this  

KTM 350 vs 300 Question

I have had a 2013 KTM 300 XCW for a year or so. Great woods bike. Just a little crack of the throttle is all it takes to lift the front wheel for logs, etc. The only performance mods I made was a FMF Gnarly and Q4 Silencer. Jetting is near perfect. Running 14/50 gearing.

I just purchased a 2016 KTM 350 XCFW that I'm planning to race hare & hound with when I move west. The 350 doesn't have the same snap as the 300 at the moment. What mods can I do to give the 350 the same low end snap as the 300? Current gearing is 14/50, which I feel should be good for desert stuff. I do have a FMF silencer on the way.

I've been thinking about the JD Jetting tuner. I've also heard about the big bottom kit. Does it improve low end?

I think you'll be hard pressed to really be satisfied comparing the 350 power to your 300, gearing and mapping will help somewhat.

• Like 1

Same low end snap? Eh, not gonna happen. The 350 is a rev'r and doesn't make much bottom end "instant on" type of power. Yeah you can improve it a bit but it's more of roll on type of power until you hit the mid and up on the RPM. Use the clutch wick the throttle and you'll be fine. Ride it like a 125 2t and you'll be king!

• Like 1

you just got a great bike , good luck with it . for more snap i would start with a G2 quick turn throttle . don't you think the fmf muffler will hurt the bottom a little? you could also remove the screen from the air filter. cut it out or buy a kit with a coated filter. after i tried the first two things , then i would just remap the ecu 5 or 7 % more fuel. a litttle does a lot. a bit more fuel and the hot switch will help bottom. good luck