XR250R front wheels on CRF230M

For anyone wondering if they fit. The front wheel does fit.

got it from ebay for 85$ free shipping. Bolts right on.

Rear wheel is a bit tricky. It has a drum brake but the crf230m has a rear disc brake. If anyone knows how to fit a disc brake on a drum brake hub please share. Otherwise I will install a rear drum brake which should also bolt on but I haven't tried it.

CRF230M to dirt = <$200

CRF230L/F to supermoto = $1000+

I like to have the right tire for the right job. I do mostly street riding and some beginner go kart track racing on supermoto. Now is time to hit the trails with Non-DOT knobbies. Doggy is excited too.

IMG_20151114_144247.jpg

• Like 2

What year XR250 is the wheel from? looking to do something similar to my 230M

86 front, 84 rear. Front just bolts on like OEM wheel.We have disc on the rear so either get a 94+ xr250 wheel with disc brakes or retrofit the drum brake. Fits with minor modification (no welding just 1 spacer and a spring). Here is the bike. Working GREAT

ds.jpg

dr.jpg

Edited by Q47
  • Like 1

is the rake of the front forks the same after you swapped in the new wheel combo? i would think that the angle would be more laid back with the larger front wheel, were you able to drop the fork tubes in the triple trees to compensate?

is the rake of the front forks the same after you swapped in the new wheel combo? i would think that the angle would be more laid back with the larger front wheel, were you able to drop the fork tubes in the triple trees to compensate?

Don't worry about that. Handles great. There is obviously changes in the geometry but they are minimum and will go unnoticed. People swap sumo to dirt and dirt to sumo all the time without problems. 17->21 diameter is 2 inches change is radius = 2 inches increase in height of the front axle. Increase in height will be so small in changing the angle. There is also arguably advantages to both increased and decreased rake so it's a win win. My opinion is that no change in handling that I can feel.

Edited by Q47

86 front, 84 rear. Front just bolts on like OEM wheel.We have disc on the rear so either get a 94+ xr250 wheel with disc brakes or retrofit the drum brake. Fits with minor modification (no welding just 1 spacer and a spring). Here is the bike. Working GREAT

Changing the tail or your bike might improve the over all styling.

230m004.jpg

• Like 1

Changing the tail or your bike might improve the over all styling.

That looks badass! the crf230m has one of the ugliest brake lights and turn signals, they are just cubes if ugliness. Where did you get the fender eliminator how was the installation?