Sign in to follow this  

Revolver X2 by Bak Industries and hauling dirt bikes

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone has used the Revolver X2 and hauled dirt bikes in the back of the truck with the cover rolled up?  I emailed Bak Industries and they said that the cover doesn't roll up enough for the front tires of the bikes to hit the bed of the truck so they rest against the rolled up cover.  They assured me that they do this all the time, but I am skeptical and was just curious if anyone has this cover installed and hauled dirt bikes in the bed of their truck.  Thank you. (Also, if this is posted in the wrong discussion area, I apologize in advance).

I literally just went thru this a month ago. I wanted that cover, but I need to be able to carry full-sized dirt bikes in the bed of my truck, with a bed extender, & a 5.5-foot bed. I knew this might be tight, so I talked to 1 guy at Bak and 2 people at the vendor, & all assured me it would work. The cover got to my house, but before I installed it, I happened to see a post on the F150 forum to the effect that it would not work. I put the bike in the truck with the bed extender & measured the clearance, and got with the vendor, who asked Bak to put it in writing that it would work. Final result: Won't work. The rolled-up cover protrudes back into the bed far enough that the back tire of a full-sized bike, loaded straight in, won't clear the bed extender. I sent it back & bought another cover.

If you have a longer bed, or don't want to run a bed extender, it might work for you. I would still hesitate to jam a bike against the rolled-up cover, I might run a wheel chock of some kind in the bed that will keep the tire off the cover, but that's just a guess, I never tried it.

Thank you for your input. What bedcover did you end up getting?

I just saw this thread....I'm trying to decide which bed cover for my F150.  What did sera 310 decide on?