Sign in to follow this  

2006 Yamaha WR250F

Hi,

I'm new here, but I have used your forum many times in the past when I have questions through Google.  I'm from Denver and I work on everything from café racers to dirt bikes. 

My neighbor decided it was a good idea to run his WR250 without much oil and learned a hard lesson.  He smoked the crankshaft.  I'm about to put the lower back together and noticed the new Weisco bottom end kit didn't include a gasket for the center case?  I thought this was strange, but I have noticed that the OEM parts diagram mentions nothing of it either?  I also checked in my Haynes manual (yes, friends don't let friend read Clymer manuals) and it just says to use Yamaha Bond or similar gasket sealer.  It says nothing about a gasket.  I can't remember when I pulled it apart if there was a gasket, but must not have been.  I did clean a lot of gasket sealer from the case when I split it. 

Maybe I'm crazy, but I have never put a motor together with just sealer?  I would appreciate any help on this if you know for sure it DOESN'T require a gasket.  I can't find one online either, so it leads me to believe I use bond only.

Thanks,

SkeletonCycles

No gasket.  I got permetex moto seal from the Automotive store by my house.  They had it in stock.  Like you, I was suprised I didn't get the gasket.  I was relieved that it didn't require one because I was trying to get it done for the weekend.

Thanks!  I'm glad I wasn't going crazy.  I haven't put a motor together without all the proper gaskets.  I even had the crankshaft in place last night and figured I was at a stop with no gasket.  I knew Weisco wouldn't leave that out.

Thanks,
SC