Sign in to follow this  

500 exc radiator fan specs?

I'm trying to compare the stock radiator fan on the 500 exc's with the trail tech digital adjustable kit. I heard somewhere the trail tech moves more air and I imagine it draws more watts. If in fact it moves more air and uses more energy, I wonder if the fan will kill the battery or can the bike's charging system keep up?

Does anyone know the cfm or watts for the stock radiator fan?

I'm trying to compare the stock radiator fan on the 500 exc's with the trail tech digital adjustable kit. I heard somewhere the trail tech moves more air and I imagine it draws more watts. If in fact it moves more air and uses more energy, I wonder if the fan will kill the battery or can the bike's charging system keep up?

Does anyone know the cfm or watts for the stock radiator fan?

Both the OEM and Trail Tech are the same exact fan. What sets the Trail Tech apart from OEM is the adjustable thermo switch, bracket and gauge. It can be set to kick in/out at different temps.

If you want just the fan it's a Spal 30103018 4" puller fan. It can be had for about 50 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009OBP55G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

It draws 3 amps at 148 cfm and 3.4 amps at 0 cfm

https://advancedsportvehicles.com/spalpdf/VA32-A101-62A.pdf

I don't need fancy. It's a dirt bike so I zip tied mine and it works great! When the zip ties break it's nothing more than a quick fix with another one LOL

IMG_0988_zpshhrrd2mt.jpg

IMG_0989_zpsfm29weif.jpg

IMG_0996_zps8p3xc31l.jpg

I still run a Trail Tech gauge. This has proven valuable. This is how I found out my Comex fan died. Figured it happened on one of the nastiest section of Redonda Ridge!! My gas was even boiling!!

IMG_0859_zpsfnso3von.jpg