Sign in to follow this  

1994 WR250 2 stroke aftermarket exhausts?

Hi, I recently bought an old 1994 WR250 2 stroke for a second/project bike to work on. I bought it for $900 AUS and for that price its in great condition. No missing parts, the bike is all there, genuine, but just needed a general tidy up [new sprockets, front fender, fork seals etc] which iv'e done. But my question is I'm looking into buying an aftermarket system to make the bike look pretty :smirk: haha also hopefully improve the performance a little, and I was wondering if anyone recommends an expansion chamber and also a muffler that goes good/suits that bike? I'm not an absolute hardcore rider just weekends with the mates riding a bit of motocross also a little enduro/trail riding aswell. So I was thinking maybe the FMF fatty pipe with the powercore 2 muffler??? Am I heading in the right direction?? I would love to buy the FMF shorty muffler but would just make to much noise for the neighbors as were limited with noise were we live........ dont get me wrong I love loud bikes!!!!!!!!! Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I've got a 1997 wr250 (same bike) and own both fatty and gnarly pipes for. I personally think the gnarly is a home run for the bike. Fatty doesn't see much time on my bike.

As for the silencer I run the turbine core 2 because I like quiet exhausts, and I'm legal to ride public land here is the US.

I've got a 1997 wr250 (same bike) and own both fatty and gnarly pipes for. I personally think the gnarly is a home run for the bike. Fatty doesn't see much time on my bike.

As for the silencer I run the turbine core 2 because I like quiet exhausts, and I'm legal to ride public land here is the US.

Thanks Bricktop72 for your help. I've heard that the gnarly gives the bike heaps more bottom end then the fatty?? Is that true??

I have a fatty and turbine core on my 95 wr and it runs like a champ. I cannot compare to the gnarly but would not hesitate to run either.

Great sounds like the turbinecore is the way to go, just gotta choose between the fatty and the gnarly now. Thanks

Thanks Bricktop72 for your help. I've heard that the gnarly gives the bike heaps more bottom end then the fatty?? Is that true??

It's true, the gnarly males huge improvements in the down low grunt power. The fatty didn't feel like it made big gains up top. The gnarly is also made of thicker steel.

It's true, the gnarly males huge improvements in the down low grunt power. The fatty didn't feel like it made big gains up top. The gnarly is also made of thicker steel.

Great thanks mate. Looks like I'll go with the gnarly and the turbinecore