Sign in to follow this  

Suzuki dr350 gear selector drum

Hi just a quick question guys can anyone tell me how it's possible for the selector drum bolt has snapped inside I've had a few Dr 350s and never had this problem before and don't no what's caused it I've posted pics I found the bolt in the bottom of side case under clutch basket pics to let you have a better idea thanks in advance . ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447669184.946988.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447669206.398022.jpg

Common problem - the bolts threaded portion is too small... Jesse has a fix, but you gotta send the drum to him. Or drill/tap to the next bigger size using grease to keep chips on the drill and tap during machining... Some other other parts will need to be over sized to accommodate the larger diameter shoulder bolt...

Not fun, but fixable.

Common problem - the bolts threaded portion is too small... Jesse has a fix, but you gotta send the drum to him. Or drill/tap to the next bigger size using grease to keep chips on the drill and tap during machining... Some of the other parts will need to be over sized to accommodate the larger diameter shoulder bolt...

Not fun, but fixable.

Ok thanks for that mate for reply bikes done 12000 miles should I put new cam chain and tensioner while its in bits . And is there anything else I want to check or replace

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1448475409.209597.jpg

• Like 1

If a cam chain is being swapped the cam sprockets should be replaced too... Just like the drive sprockets and chain.

If you split the case for the shifter bolt upgrade, replace the output drive shaft seal as preventative maintenance.

after thinking about this recurring problem, i may have come up with a good fix.

only if you need to pull the shift drum of course, but secure a hard machined shaft to the drum, install a clearance washer & c-clip it.

Welle-4mm-Clip-fuer-HE4108.jpg