Sign in to follow this  

2008 cr500af brake pedal

Hey guys, after getting the first season on the cr500af there is only one thing I would change. I cannot get the brake pedal adjusted up high enough because it hits the clutch cover. Anyone have a solution to this outside of cutting and tig welding? Can't find a modified one to buy and haven't had time to fab one. It's a 93 engine inside of a 2008 crf250 chassis. Thanks for any advice.

It is metal, you might want to put it in a table vice, and gently bend it out, and see if it clears your cases, make sure to wrap it in a shop cloth before putting it in. Any time I tweek my clutch and break alloy I use the same method!

It is metal, you might want to put it in a table vice, and gently bend it out, and see if it clears your cases, make sure to wrap it in a shop cloth before putting it in. Any time I tweek my clutch and break alloy I use the same method!

Hey guys, after getting the first season on the cr500af there is only one thing I would change. I cannot get the brake pedal adjusted up high enough because it hits the clutch cover. Anyone have a solution to this outside of cutting and tig welding? Can't find a modified one to buy and haven't had time to fab one. It's a 93 engine inside of a 2008 crf250 chassis. Thanks for any advice.

From what I've read most people tend to bend theirs,I just build mine up with spacers and it clears well enough.

Forgive my fugly covers.

1447723531004.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I actually work as cnc programmer/machinist and am fully confident I could tweak it to make it better, or spend a day and just machine something out of billet. I was just hoping that someone may have found something from another bike or another year that was closer. Tweaking stuff just has a tendency to make it weak. And making one from scratch takes allot of time and engineering to make work right. Might try the spacer thing and see how that works. If not guess I will bite the bullet and start fabbing one up. If I do I will be sure to post some finished pics on here.

• Like 1