Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Is Stewart a bargain or a ripoff for Suzuki.?

So I'm guessing and hoping that Suzuki is not paying Stewart a truckload of cash like he would have gotten at the height of his career.......is he a bargain since Suzuki doesn't have to pay him much because he's always hurt or a ripoff because there are no positive results due to his constantly being injured????

Anyone in the know have any clue as to how much less he gets paid now compared to say 5 years ago????

I really wonder why he hasn't retired.....he must really not mind pain .....it's hard to believe that he thinks he can finish a season and actually be a threat....

betting he does not get as much as when he is winning, he is still a very popular rider though and likely still makes a good wage.

and as for not retiring, same as chad reed although james is much more a threat than chad.

He is a great investment for any team. He has three times the following on social media than any other rider. During the race broadcast he is talked about more than any other rider. He has by far the biggest lines at the races, that all eqautes to free advertisment for his sponsors. So yes, he is worth it. 

• Like 6

betting he does not get as much as when he is winning, he is still a very popular rider though and likely still makes a good wage.

and as for not retiring, same as chad reed although james is much more a threat than chad.

My guess is that several well known riders will be retiring either this year or next, or they might just ride around the tracks at a slower pace and be happy to finish in the top ten for another year to two. That would be much better than a bunch of bad crashes and injuries. :cripple: 

But the truth is a top ten finish is still faster than most of us wannabe racers will ever go.

My guess is that several well known riders will be retiring either this year or next, or they might just ride around the tracks at a slower pace and be happy to finish in the top ten for another year to two. That would be much better than a bunch of bad crashes and injuries. :cripple:

But the truth is a top ten finish is still faster than most of us wannabe racers will ever go.

lol, a top ten finish is better than what 99.99999999999999% of any forum members will ever accomplish.

Most is an understatement. I get to occasionally ride and race with a top 5 CDN National series rider and former MX2 champ and its full on retarded how fast he is.

• Like 3

So mr. Bowman....let's pretend Stewart got a 3 million salary when he was consistently winning.....what would ur guess be that he is paid now? Close to the same because of his popularity or significantly less due to his lack of results?

Also....when he is injured Suzuki does not need to pay him.....insurance kicks in right? Or am I mistaken?

• Like 1

He's a bust if you're a team wanting to win championships...

• Like 2

He is a great investment for any team. He has three times the following on social media than any other rider. During the race broadcast he is talked about more than any other rider. He has by far the biggest lines at the races, that all eqautes to free advertisment for his sponsors. So yes, he is worth it. 

Yep you summed it up exactly right. It is (and always has been) about selling bikes and making money. Nothing wrong with that.

I get to occasionally ride and race with a top 5 CDN National series rider and former MX2 champ and its full on retarded how fast he is.

If you don't mind my asking, who is it? I know most of the riders in the Canadian series.

EDIT: Not personally lol

Edited by LiamRM212
  • Like 1

Yep you summed it up exactly right. It is (and always has been) about selling bikes and making money. Nothing wrong with that.

Maybe for the sponsors but to watch the guy mooch off of the racing system year after year by claiming injury,.....or being busted for cheating is bullshit. Why the fans still support this chump is beyond me. Sure he has flashes of awesome riding but mostly he sits at home and makes videos of himself on his private tracks. Where is this actually good for the sport??  

• Like 2

If you don't mind my asking, who is it? I know most of the riders in the Canadian series.

EDIT: Not personally lol

Tdags...aka Tyler Medaglia

• Like 1

Maybe for the sponsors but to watch the guy mooch off of the racing system year after year by claiming injury,.....or being busted for cheating is bullshit. Why the fans still support this chump is beyond me. Sure he has flashes of awesome riding but mostly he sits at home and makes videos of himself on his private tracks. Where is this actually good for the sport??  

More people watch his videos that he makes at his house then watch the races. More people follow him on social media then watch the races, thats how its good. If you're giving a good return on investment for your team, its not mooching. 

• Like 1

There is hardly anything else but the "sponsors". They pay for the sport to sell bikes and gear. Many casual fans don't even know about the Adderall issue anyway. He is not mooching if he brings in fans, provides good advertising, and helps sell bikes. That is a big part of his job.

I am personally not disagreeing with your core point --just saying there are business reasons and it is all about business. You don't have to be liked by committed fans, Tyson can still draw bigger crowds and sell more shit than other committed fan respected fighters. 

He's a bust if you're a team wanting to win championships...

Agree.  Since '09, not a very good return on investment for any of his teams.  I'm guessing San Manuel, JGR, and Yoshi Suzuki, could not give a rats ass how many likes and followers he has on social media.  Wins is what they want out of him and he as not delivered.  I would not expect that to change.

Edited by OUTERLIMITS

Agree.  Since '09, not a very good return on investment for any of his teams.  I'm guessing San Manuel, JGR, and Yoshi Suzuki, could not give a rats ass how many likes and followers he has on social media.  Wins is what they want out of him and he as not delivered.  I would not expect that to change.

Then why continue to invest? Wins are good but advertising and selling is better for the people who pay for the sport. Why do you think Barcia is in so many of those stupid out-of-gas commercials? To appeal to guys like you??? Come on, they know their targets and they go after them, you are already committed to the sport and going to buy bikes and gear they are not wasting selling effort on you --why would they.

• Like 1

More people watch his videos that he makes at his house then watch the races. More people follow him on social media then watch the races, thats how its good. If you're giving a good return on investment for your team, its not mooching. 

I consider it mooching since the money his sponsors pay him could go to 4 or 5 young chargers that could possibly be the next greatest thing. James has a brand that is for sure but it's a worthless brand for the sport imo. I consider him right there with Deegan. 

Edited by BBA
  • Like 2

Then why continue to invest? Wins are good but advertising and selling is better for the people who pay for the sport. Why do you think Barcia is in so many of those stupid out-of-gas commercials? To appeal to guys like you??? Come on, they know their targets and they go after them, you are already committed to the sport and going to buy bikes and gear they are not wasting selling effort on you --why would they.

Every once in a while even shitheads like you can make a valid point,..............that's a VERY seldom once in a while btw! 

• Like 1

Tdags...aka Tyler Medaglia

Tyler and Jeremy are a couple of the most personable young men you will meet, there corner speed is insane

• Like 2

James Stewart is a bargain for all of the companies that choose to associate with him.  If it were not in their interests, they would move on.  If racing were only about winning championships, Dale Earnhardt, Jr and Danica Patrick would not have rides in NASCAR,  Travis Pastrana would have been out of MX with Suzuki after 2002, and MC would have never had his second run with Honda from 2003 onward.  The racing series are just one platform for a company to reach their customers with good will generated by the racer.  The people who think that fans care about titles don't seem to understand that Guy Cooper, Travis Pastrana, and Damon Bradshaw moved far more product than guys that won titles like Darrell Schultz ever did.  Those three won 125 titles, but were much more popular long after those series completed.  They were sponsor-friendly due to their popularity....just like James.