Sign in to follow this  

Recommended clutch kits for abuse and using synthetic oil? Kx290F

Hey TT'ers! So here's my dilemma. I have an 09' KX290F thumper that needs a new clutch and steels from simply being wore out of spec.I race harescrambles and have an abusive clutch riding style and use synthetic oil. On this bike the engine and gearcase share the same oil therefore I will not run convential oil. I feel this clutch held up well even though its very "grabby". The problem is I don't know what brand of clutch it is. It may even be stock. I've tried the Tusk clutch kit in it(which I've used in other bikes with no problem) just as preventative maint. and it would not hold so I re-installed the one that was in it. It was properly soaked in oil before install.I currently use stronger clutch springs.

So, what clutch kit (steels/fibers) have you had good results with? I believe Kevlar is the answer but, Hinson says they are hard on the baskets. I'm fine paying the price for a good clutch but, I don't want to just pay for a fancy advertising markup.

Thanks in advance for everyone's opinions.

ive used dp for long time, pretty much wont use anything else, good compromise between working and not to stiff of lever pull, I ride a few harescrambles a year, have 50 hrs on dp clutch and hinson setup looks good besides the inner hub has seen better days