eBay horror stories?

I've had lots of troubles ordering parts off eBay, like my current one. Waited over a month for gaskets and still nothing. Hope to get a refund. What's your eBay horror stories?

Did you buy it from outside of Canada? If so its probably not the seller, it's probably stick at Canadian customs.

I bought a shirt that was supposed to be a large but ended up being an XL.

• Like 1

Once I ordered a video game. I didn't look at the seller, who didn't have any ratings.

eBay refunded me without question.

Except for occasionally receiving broken parts or a wrong tool (which all have been dealt with quickly), I have had zero problems with eBay.

As long as they have a bunch of sales and a rating higher than 97-98%, they are usually good to go.

Once I ordered a video game. I didn't look at the seller, who didn't have any ratings.

eBay refunded me without question after a month.

Except for occasionally receiving broken parts or a wrong tool (which all have been dealt with quickly), I have had zero problems with eBay.

As long as they have a bunch of sales and a rating higher than 97-98%, they are usually good to go.

Interesting topic.  I recently hit Buy it Now on an item before I checked on the seller ratings. The product is only $20, but the seller has a zero rating, and is from China.  The date it is advertising as showing up is Nov 22 - Jan 1.  I used PayPal to pay for the item, but I seriously  doubt if I'm ever going to see anything. Kinda wondering what my next steps should be....wait and see?  Or try to put a stop to it now?

Interesting topic.  I recently hit Buy it Now on an item before I checked on the seller ratings. The product is only $20, but the seller has a zero rating, and is from China.  The date it is advertising as showing up is Nov 22 - Jan 1.  I used PayPal to pay for the item, but I seriously  doubt if I'm ever going to see anything. Kinda wondering what my next steps should be....wait and see?  Or try to put a stop to it now?

Likely you will get what you ordered. It just takes time when it comes from a different country.

Beware of China, for several reasons. The good news is ebay will refund your money because of several seller issues such as not received, not as described, etc.

I've had the worst luck with EBay as a seller rather than a buyer.

Buyer damages something (blatantly obvious) OR just claims they didn't like it for whatever reason (literally - "my mountain bike part weighed more than I thought it would by 20g"), PayPal refunds them money from my bank account no questions asked, they KEEP the part, or at best, I get back something that's completely damaged and irreparable.

There is ZERO seller protection with EBay, so beware.  99%+ of the items I sell have no issues at all, but there's just that one occasional prick.  Usually if I get a bunch of retarded questions before the sale I just encourage them to go elsewhere because they are the ones that do retarded stuff afterwards too.

As a buyer, I have no problems buying through EBay.  I know I'm protected like the damn desert tortoise.

• Like 1

I've had good luck with ebay except for a couple of issues.  First, when ordering from a Chinese seller, be aware that if you have to return something, like they shipped the wrong item or it's non-functional, if the item worth less than $10 or $20, the return shipping is more than the item is worth....so you will probably just eat the initial cost.  I've also ordered something from China that I never received.  Ebay was NO help at all UNLESS you had a Paypal account,  but I think they've improved their customer service for those kind of situations.  A year or 2 ago, you were on your own

I've had great luck on eBay. I've ever had things show up from china in under 5 days.

Wow - I've never had that good of luck.  The last thing I ordered, they gave a range of dates for delivery and the far end of the range was a month and a half from the order date! They did beat that month and a half but not by much.

Only had one issue buying from Ebay. Bought a set of forks from a new seller who said they came off a 2008 CRF540r. The forks turned out to be pre-2004, the kid refused to fess up and accept a return so I opened a dispute with PayPal and got my money back. PayPal also paid for the return shipping. You really can't go wrong with PayPal.

• Like 1

I've had the worst luck with EBay as a seller rather than a buyer.

Buyer damages something (blatantly obvious) OR just claims they didn't like it for whatever reason (literally - "my mountain bike part weighed more than I thought it would by 20g"), PayPal refunds them money from my bank account no questions asked, they KEEP the part, or at best, I get back something that's completely damaged and irreparable.

There is ZERO seller protection with EBay, so beware.  99%+ of the items I sell have no issues at all, but there's just that one occasional prick.  Usually if I get a bunch of retarded questions before the sale I just encourage them to go elsewhere because they are the ones that do retarded stuff afterwards too.

As a buyer, I have no problems buying through EBay.  I know I'm protected like the damn desert tortoise.

This has been my experience as well. I have had way more issues as a seller then as a buyer. And if you are a buyer and use Paypal, you are pretty safe. But read the sellers terms and look for any red flags.