2000 RM125

I just bought my first two stroke, an RM125, and I was hoping you guys would tell me what you think on a few issues.

The first is the jetting. It has a bills pipe and I think an FMF shorty, v force valve reeds and I think that's all. It's jetting at 180 main and 50 pilot. Does that sound right?

Another this is the bike won't start in gear, and will only idle in neutral. When I put it in gear I need to rev it to keep it from stalling.

Another is it idles like a fuel injected snowmobile. It idles real high when its cold then drops when it warms up.

The last is the trans oil was very milky when I drained it when I first bought it. It also leaks from the center of the case. I'm assuming a bad gasket and its getting coolant in, but what are you thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Can't comment on the jetting, but not starting in gear and idling high are most likely a result of a dirty carburetor. Take it apart and clean it.

The oil could be milky just because it's old, but very possible it does have some water based liquid in it such as coolant. It's also possible it was run through a river and water got in. Either way, change the oil, clean the case, and find the exact source of the leak. Could be a bad gasket or cracked case.

Can't comment on the jetting, but not starting in gear and idling high are most likely a result of a dirty carburetor. Take it apart and clean it.

The oil could be milky just because it's old, but very possible it does have some water based liquid in it such as coolant. It's also possible it was run through a river and water got in. Either way, change the oil, clean the case, and find the exact source of the leak. Could be a bad gasket or cracked case.

I should have mentioned that I thourougly cleaned the carb and changed the oil before I rode it.

When I start it in gear, it tries to push forward, not lurching forward like if the clutch wasn't pulled in.

Slowly moving forward while in gear with clutch lever pulled = you need a new clutch basket. It's more than likely notched pretty bad and worn out.

For the case, you can either have it welded by a machine shop or get a case on ebay, and have a machine shop match them and put it back together or have a motorcycle shop put them back together.

Slowly moving forward while in gear with clutch lever pulled = you need a new clutch basket. It's more than likely notched pretty bad and worn out.

For the case, you can either have it welded by a machine shop or get a case on ebay, and have a machine shop match them and put it back together or have a motorcycle shop put them back together.

Is a clutch basket the same as a clutch kit?