Sign in to follow this  

California Fire road near Coloma or Rescue

I'm looking to take my wife out on her first ride and I think a nice long fire road in the hills would be perfect.  We are originally from Truckee and grew up playing on all the fire roads, but now we are in Folsom and I'm not sure where to take her.  I know Prairie city is just down the road, but I hear the trails can be difficult for a never before rider.  Any help would be apreciated, after December 25th I'll have three more never before riders ready to hit the dirt!  Thanks

My suggestion would be Georgetown for a beginner. The trails are very easy. Mostly quad and UTV trails.

Less than 1 hour from Folsum.

From 193 east go North on Wentworth Springs road. Go about 5 or 6 miles and hang a right on 2nd Balderson Road. Follow it to staging area off Mace Mill Road.

No. Do not listen to that guy. Georgetown is not for a first time rider.

Prairie city would be perfect. Plenty of flat and wide open areas and then some more challenging stuff once she gets comfortable. There is nothing difficult at PC ( except the Hangtown track.....)

• Like 1

No. Do not listen to that guy. Georgetown is not for a first time rider.

Prairie city would be perfect. Plenty of flat and wide open areas and then some more challenging stuff once she gets comfortable. There is nothing difficult at PC ( except the Hangtown track.....)

Just do a simple search on youtube. Not very much hard core trails at all. Mostly rutted out jeep trails. Perfect place to bring a beginner. I would tend to agree PC is not hard either.

Just do a simple search on youtube. Not very much hard core trails at all. Mostly rutted out jeep trails. Perfect place to bring a beginner. I would tend to agree PC is not hard either.

Seriously? I think you are just commenting to be a Troll but I will respond anyway because I don't want someone to take a brand-new rider somewhere that can be dangerous. Remember that we had a very experienced rider die there this summer.

Seriously? I think you are just commenting to be a Troll but I will respond anyway because I don't want someone to take a brand-new rider somewhere that can be dangerous. Remember that we had a very experienced rider die there this summer.

Riding is a dangerous sport as it is. Troll? Just commenting on a cool place to ride.

Does not have to be Georgetown. I was suggesting it because Eldorado NF is close to Folsom. Geeze, you make it sound like you have to have real riding skills for jeep trails. 

To the OP: just stay off the black diamond trails and your GF will do fine.

Does not have to be Georgetown. I was suggesting it because Eldorado NF is close to Folsom. Geeze, you make it sound like you have to have real riding skills for jeep trails. 

To the OP: just stay off the black diamond trails and your GF will do fine.

Based on your Jeep trail comments I am pretty sure you have not been there .

It's very fun place to ride if you have some experience but not so fun if you are just starting

out .  If you want your wife/ girlfriend and kids to hate you maybe GT is the place to go to learn .

Edited by still2smokin

Based on your Jeep trail comments I am pretty sure you have not been there .

It's very fun place to ride if you have some experience but not so fun if you are just starting

out .  If you want your wife/ girlfriend and kids to hate you maybe GT is the place to go to learn .

I for sure have not been there. Just by looking at the videos it looks to be pretty easy place to ride. Just really dangerous drop offs.

Thanks for the info, looks like we will give PC a try.

Here's to our wives and girlfriends, may they never meet!

• Like 1