Sign in to follow this  

Should you invest in a stablizer!?

Hi guys just wondering if its worth investing in a stablizer?

What are pros & cons of having One?

Is their a big differences between having and not having one ?

If you do anything high speed and for a long time they're worth their weight in gold! The best mod next to suspension spring and re-valve. MX, trails or desert they're awesome. I can't think of one con to having a stabilizer.

Edited by Truck216
  • Like 3

I quit running them 5 years ago. Figured out if the suspension is correct and bike set up properly they are not needed. It was a progression, I would not install one until bike was set up to not need one, then I would install one "just in case, Oh Crap", then I just quit putting one on altogether. I don't miss them, I have less clutter and weight on the bars, I also ditched full wrap hand guards. Most of my riding is enduro stuff with some desert thrown in for good measure. Cock pit area is very clean now. 

• Like 3

If you do the kind of riding that the rest of us think of when we think Nevada, then yeah, get yourself a box of hydraulic courage.

Ive never ridden a aftermarket scotts, gpr etc. I had one on my 14 honda 450. didnt seem to make a huge difference. I find same as buddy said, if i have my bike set up i feel i dont need it.

Biggest thing for me is head set bearings, I cant stand it when they are loose. even on the honda on its stiffest damper setting, tightening the headset made a bigger difference. If i was into high speed desert racing i would probably want one

• Like 1

I've run with and without them. IMO, a damper is just another tool to help tune the handling of your bike. I like that I can raise the forks in the triples to make any bike even quicker turning yet not lose high speed stability when using a damper. I've also learned that the faster I've gotten over the years the more I like having one. They also help control deflection when charging through rock sections at race speed.

• Like 2