Sign in to follow this  

2016 beta 300rr

Strongly contemplating buying a 300 and beta on top in my mind. lemme hear all yall opinions and experiences! Please and thank you

I'd say scroll through these threads.. and put a search on 300 rr Beta. ..just to get a sense.. this has been talked about a bunch of times.. the 13 through 16 Beta's are quite similar or the same .. the 16's just the latest progression. i don't see any bike better in it's class. Beta 300's have great owner satisfaction.. and what else would you rather have? Sherco? ktm or husky? Good bikes but I rather have my 300 rr.

• Like 2

I've just took delivery of a 2016 300rr, I'm by no means an expert but compared to the 2010 exc 250 I had before this its 10 times better. The low down grunt is unbelievable for a 2 stroke. It's just a really nice bike, all the reviews are bang on, feels like they have moved the game on.

• Like 2

I'd say scroll through these threads.. and put a search on 300 rr Beta. ..just to get a sense.. this has been talked about a bunch of times.. the 13 through 16 Beta's are quite similar or the same .. the 16's just the latest progression. i don't see any bike better in it's class. Beta 300's have great owner satisfaction.. and what else would you rather have? Sherco? ktm or husky? Good bikes but I rather have my 300 rr.

I'd get a KTM 300 or 4stroke 350 or 450 but a 2 stroke can be wilder & from the sound to the powerband is all loved got a 2012 crf250r atm and maxxed out my skills on it and looking for bike that can pull me from now (being young) till I'm old

You know that the reviews on this forum are going to be biased, I'm happy with mine - good build quality and as said, great low end torque. Where about in Montana are you, I'm in Columbia Falls and would be willing to let you ride mine. My biggest gripe is the front forks, but I came off a Yamaha with the KYB SSS forks which many consider one of the best out there.

• Like 3

I'd get a KTM 300 or 4stroke 350 or 450 but a 2 stroke can be wilder & from the sound to the powerband is all loved got a 2012 crf250r atm and maxxed out my skills on it and looking for bike that can pull me from now (being young) till I'm old

I think some reading here in these threads might give you better insight. Really these 2 stroke enduros are super smooth with to me the best torque off the bottom..not wild at all unless you want it to be.. I rode a little in some muddy singletrack today with a bald back tire ..lol..bike still hooked up great and really I swear this 300 rr is the best offroad bike to me..I know lots of bikes are great but for me the 300 rr is a best all around bike for me.

Really watch some reviews and listen to the owners more...watch videos and see how they work..listen to the motor etc.. This bike is just too easy to ride.Its cheating..maybe you should ride some other brands first so later if you get one youll know what some beta riders mean. I had fun today in the mud..even though it was not a long ride.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2

I rode a 2016 300 XC-W as well as a Beta 300. The Beta had a better motor which felt more like a 4t. You will find bias opinions from TT Beta forum so look at many sites. Betariders.org has several topics that bring to light some issues as well as set-ups. Just remember there are several very good 300 2t out there and the end results are the same just packaged differently. If I was buying a 300 2t my top brands would be Beta, Sherco and lastly KTM/Husqvarna.

• Like 1

What I can say is that I've been riding 4T since I began sporting enduro years ago, in 2011 I switched to Beta RRs 450 first and 350 later on, and recently I decided to try how 2T goes so got a brand new '15 300RR.

I'm totally happy with my decision, the bike feels great, has smooth motor plenty of torque, has a light and agile handling, goes perfect in all type of terrains, of course brights in tight trails. Beta quality and excellent brand support are also part of the combo, no concerns just ride  :goofy:. The '16 is pretty much the same with some improvements, major change is oil injection.

All other bikes are very good too, I personally do prefer 300RR over KTMs, don't like Sherco and have some curiosity about Husky, but never rode one cause it's not sold in my country.

In my opinion picking the right bike is a combination of what/how you ride, what you expect to get, and surely the bike itself.

Edited by BetaRRider

You know that the reviews on this forum are going to be biased, I'm happy with mine - good build quality and as said, great low end torque. Where about in Montana are you, I'm in Columbia Falls and would be willing to let you ride mine. My biggest gripe is the front forks, but I came off a Yamaha with the KYB SSS forks which many consider one of the best out there.

I'm in Glasgow haha but would have to travel no matter to pick one up from a dealership

I'm in Glasgow haha but would have to travel no matter to pick one up from a dealership

You are a ways away!! A hundred years ago I went to the second grade in Richland, my dad ran an elevator there. The dealership thing is an issue in a large state that is lightly populated, if you are interested I could contact the dealer I purchased from as see what kind of deal he would make. It's more like a brokership in that I would not have them work on my anvil, but that was not a concern on my part. He did make me a good deal and has discounted any parts or accessories for me, at least at this point. 

Having ridden both and owning a KTM300 I would have to say to not even think of getting the Beta 300. The build quality, suspension and motor is subpar when compared to a KTM.

My 2005 KTM 300EXC has been the best bike ever right from the showroom floor. My 10 year old PDS suspension and motor are lightyears ahead of anything Beta has to offer. 

It's unfortunate that Beta has not kept up with the quality of bike you would expect from a Italian company. The 300 Beta  I rode had a front flat!! Can you believe it a stinking flat tire!! Scratches, bent pipes, broken fenders, stinky premix, etc. The list goes on!! 

You will be much happier with the KTM.  You can sit in your garage with a beer in your hand and just admire it. It's so nice you will not even want to ride it. It will stay bright and shiny for years to come! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

You are a ways away!! A hundred years ago I went to the second grade in Richland, my dad ran an elevator there. The dealership thing is an issue in a large state that is lightly populated, if you are interested I could contact the dealer I purchased from as see what kind of deal he would make. It's more like a brokership in that I would not have them work on my anvil, but that was not a concern on my part. He did make me a good deal and has discounted any parts or accessories for me, at least at this point.

yeah shucks I'd appreciate that!

Having ridden both and owning a KTM300 I would have to say to not even think of getting the Beta 300. The build quality, suspension and motor is subpar when compared to a KTM.

My 2005 KTM 300EXC has been the best bike ever right from the showroom floor. My 10 year old PDS suspension and motor are lightyears ahead of anything Beta has to offer.

It's unfortunate that Beta has not kept up with the quality of bike you would expect from a Italian company. The 300 Beta I rode had a front flat!! Can you believe it a stinking flat tire!! Scratches, bent pipes, broken fenders, stinky premix, etc. The list goes on!!

You will be much happier with the KTM. You can sit in your garage with a beer in your hand and just admire it. It's so nice you will not even want to ride it. It will stay bright and shiny for years to come! :thumbsup:

lol get outta here!
  • Like 1

It's unfortunate that Beta has not kept up with the quality of bike you would expect from a Italian company. The 300 Beta  I rode had a front flat!! Can you believe it a stinking flat tire!! Scratches, bent pipes, broken fenders, stinky premix, etc. The list goes on!! 

You will be much happier with the KTM.  You can sit in your garage with a beer in your hand and just admire it. It's so nice you will not even want to ride it. It will stay bright and shiny for years to come! :thumbsup:

Off the meds again? Bad Puppy!  :naughty:

• Like 1

I've got so much to do.. but even though i'm going to try to ride for another couple of hours if I can find a partner for safety sake. This was yesterday in very slippery wet fun...funny I found a couple of friends getting away for a short time to ride too.. just a cruise ride but its such a good bike!!!

....from yesterday.

Bottom line is I'm happy with my 300rr and would buy again.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2

You can't go wrong with either pick, probably with come down to personal preference and logistics...like dealer locations, etc.

I had a 2012 300xc and allthough the motor was awsome, I didn't like ther rest of the bike for various reasons.

1) It didn't turn well in the tight stuff I ride, the ktm had a real push issue when cornering, an e-axle fixed some of the problem but not all.

2) Suspension sucked in slower tech single track, it was harsh, didn't track well...etc

3) Too tall for me at 5'10'' and the bike felt like it carried the weight high...so it felt heavy. 

However, the ktm worked great in the open faster 2 track desert type terrain.

Compairing the ktm to the past few trail bikes I have owned, I place it last on my list and I have been playing musical bikes in search of a bike that had most everythingI was looking for in a bike, suspension, handling, and good torquey low end.

1. 2014 Beta 300 rr, stripped down to 226 lbs (no fuel), suspension revalved by LTR....Super happy with this bike, so the search is over...it does everything very well!

2. 2008 GAS GAS 300, great trail bike! just got too whipped after 4 years of hammering it.

3. 2015 xtrainer, great motor, loved the light feel but it had crapy suspension that I just couldn't live with.

4. 2001 CR 250, modded for woods, this bike is really a tie for third, it's short comming was narrow power window between stalling out and lighting up.

5. 2012 KTM 300 xc..for the most part I sort of hated this bike.

I recently did a 10 day ride in Colorado where the trail are more open and flowing, I road my buddies new beta 350 efi, that bike was awesome right out of the crate.

A few clicks on the suspension and it was working great, no need to mess with any jetting the efi took care of everything at all elevation change up to 11000 ft level.

JMHO

• Like 2