Sign in to follow this  

Surging

Hi all .

I am having trouble with my bike (klr650)surging at held Reve's more up past 2500 rpm It's

accelerating great .starting fine . I've change the plug thinking it might be fouling.

Any ideas what it could be

Edited by Chris8820

I think you're automatic spell check is getting ahead of you. Are you having a surging problem?

Most likely fuel system related but need more information. Is it RPM related or does the amount of throttle opening affect the symptoms?

Hi all .

I am having trouble with my bike klr650 surging at held Reeves more up past 2500 rpm It's exhilarating great staffing fine . I've change the plug thinking it might be fouling.

Any ideas what it could be

Sorry guys texting in a hurry. If I am riding at 3200 RPM I can feel the bike surging I can feel it at lower revs to .

But power is fine . Starts ok. Only happens when I'm holding it . Drops up and and down about 100 Rpm . Feels like a gust of wind . For a better description .

sounds lean, mine was.

I put a shim ( small nut) under the needle to raise it. purrs like a kiten now. nut is maybe 1/16". 

so i took the carb apart, pulled out the jet needle and put this nut under it, put it back together. 

I had a similar issue but only when it was crazy hot out. Check your gas cap vent. Pull it apart and ensure it is clean. Careful when pulling it apart though....there are a number of springs in there.

Thanks guy hayduke.klr07 is the winner on this been pretty bloody hot here . So I look the little umbrella out of the fuel cap ...perfect thanks guys